• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F1 2007 Season

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna work on trying to get to the Singapore race next year. It's going to be real expensive but it'd be great. If I can't make it there I think I'd head to SAo Paulo

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not particularly surprising that he's leaving, but where will Alonso end up? No plum seats left.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Not particularly surprising that he's leaving, but where will Alonso end up? No plum seats left.

He is rather screwed. Barring any unforeseen developments, it'll be McLaren (assuming the fine doesn't hit them too hard in testing), Ferrari, and everybody else again next year. I'd put down almost any amount of money that one of those two teams will take the one or both titles. And Alonso is going to burn at least a year in his prime being in a car that can't win him a championship.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THat story came up months ago but the FIA kept a mum about it until they were done dealing with the McLaren issue. If Renault F1 get punished I could see Carlos Ghosn (head of Renault) pulling support for the team.

Regarding Fernando, many teams with contracted drivers would be willing to drop one of their drivers to get their hands on Alonso. Toyota is angling for him, Honda is apparently interested (rumors that Barichello's contract isn't rock solid), Renault is obvious (but apparently the team would have to send Kovaleinen elsewhere and slot Fernando with Piquet). I actually don't think Red Bull is likely but I guess Coulthard would have to shove off.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mclaren want rosberg from williams but williams won't release him (at least until mclaren makes the right $$$ bid), which would free up kovalianen to go to williams and open up the renault lot for alonso ...... but renault want alonso for a multi year contract and allegedy alonso only wants to make a one or two year committment in the hopes of jumping to ferrari in two years time ........ the silly season is full on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads