Grant Hill goes in

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TRINI, Mar 16, 2011.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

OH SNAP!

"The Fab Five," an ESPN film about the Michigan basketball careers of Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Chris Webber, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson from 1991 to 1993, was broadcast for the first time Sunday night. In the show, Rose, the show's executive producer, stated that Duke recruited only black players he considered to be "Uncle Toms." Grant Hill, a player on the Duke team that beat Michigan in the 1992 Final Four, reflected on Rose's comments.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Kept it classy, even at the end. Another reason to like Grant Hill.

3. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Yeah it was a major fail calling the good brother Grant Hill an Uncle Tom. Fortunately, it wasn't a wide spread view point as I went to an all Black high school and heard nothing of the sort.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I must say though that is not a hood quote:

5. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

I think it is or atleast a down home country sort of outlook. I wonder where his mother is from.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Wow.....That was a looooonnnnnggggggg quote from Grant H!

7. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

I admit Grant hill is a classy guy, but I hated the way he played when he was on the Pistons. I thought he was way too soft. Like all other Michigan fans, I hated him and all the other Duke players but deep down we all knew how good they were.

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Chaucer is so hood.

I admit Grant hill is a classy guy, but I hated the way he played when he was on the Pistons. I thought he was way too soft. Like all other Michigan fans, I hated him and all the other Duke players but deep down we all knew how good they were.

By all accounts he is a nice guy and obviously Duke is not one of the meat markets that just recruits players, whether they can read or not, so he is also a smart guy but for whatever reason, as a player, he came off as an asshole to me. So did Laettner. Johnny Dawkins was the exact opposite. Can't explain why.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Chaucer is so hood.

Hood prose.

Let's not also forget a fine Canadian:

[​IMG]

10. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

That was one of the whitest quotes I've ever read.

11. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

from what i saw in 30 for 30, Rose merely-and honestly-stated his feelings toward the black Duke players from his 18-19 year old perspective. Maybe it was a snide point of view due to the jealousy he admitted he had for Hill's upbringing or just a way to fuel some hate for a competitive edge, who knows.

It doesn't seem to me that Rose still thinks holds the same view as an adult

12. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

from what i saw in 30 for 30, Rose merely-and honestly-stated his feelings toward the black Duke players from his 18-19 year old perspective. Maybe it was a snide point of view due to the jealousy he admitted he had for Hill's upbringing or just a way to fuel some hate for a competitive edge, who knows.

This

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i saw the fab 5 espn film and i gathered the same thing. they were just being honest about how they felt at the time and the thoughts they had. Jalen rose is no where as ignorant as the topic suggests and i like his commentary on sports he has one of the coolest and most sensible heads in media.
    it was a great program. made me tear up a little near the end. jimmy king's commentary was very powerful. he had some great words and a great way of speaking that hit you emotionally.

14. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Soft!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

This

+1

Relax, Grant.

Where's Christian Laettner's response to the "overrated pussy" comment. Or is his silence an admission of guilt? [​IMG]