• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/W 09 runway

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What did you find weird about them, robbie? I thought the models were pretty normal compared to some shows. Just your typical tall male models but with slicked back hair. Can't say i'm necessarily diggin the whole hourglass coat thing going on, but this just oozes badass
sandmwaw090373zs6.jpg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that coat you posted IS amazing. Haven't looked at the pics yet.

I wish the first picture Kunk posted was like a shawl that you could wear over the jacket that gave it the effect rather than the actual coat being dyed.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What did you find weird about them, robbie? I thought the models were pretty normal compared to some shows. Just your typical tall male models but with slicked back hair.
I think robbie's bothered by the twinkle in their eyes.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
they had really stupid looking haircuts, if they had been cast in fight club they would have ended up like Jared Leto.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dion
ok maybe, but I just like it so much compared to the current collection

Agreed, tons better than that hot garbage.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jil-sander17.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
Some of the really hourglassey sillouhuettes are a little weird to me, but still overall really solid

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
ugh it's already that time of year!?
got to start placing my orders

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am really liking this new Jil stuff. and not just casue im drunk. genuinely like it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The third one down in the post of 4 pictures, that sweater, is amazing.

jskidder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
It was very hard for me to ignore the weird looking models and actually see the clothes.

i clicked on the blog in your sig and thought the same thing. only the the jil models aren't fat and the clothes they are wearing aren't garbage...

chronoaug

Reaction score
Burberry Prorsum kinda sucked. Wasn't feeling the cut of some of the pants, the cumberbund thing, pinstripes, the big scarf, and some knits. Some of the suiting was aight, and of course the iconic trench, but overall, blech. I mean, i get the 50s dark, dreary britain edge, but just not a huge fan. I think this polo/button up underneath here looks kinda nice.
00080m.jpg
The costume national homme show was boring. Don't even feel like posting a pic. Waistcoat used in most of the looks could be ok. As usual, there are probabland a couple decent y a few basics pieces that could be alright if bought on sale, but the show itself wasn't all that interesting. Some rock influences here and there, and some decent monochromatic silhouettes, but meh. Marni wasn't runway but showroom. I generally like the look gone for with marni stuff. It isn't necessarily high fashion, but usually pretty wearable. The detailing looks pretty nice and there are some good looks and individual pieces. There's this nice white textured button up, and this black coat that almost looks like the Bless hooded coat (but the pockets are a bit different. bless pockets are better)
00180m.jpg
00010m.jpg
00100m.jpg
As always, missoni had some great looking knits. The collection as a whole wasn't my thing, but tons and tons of great knits.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After looking at the Jil show again, I realize I'm getting really tired of Raf/Jil. It just looks the same, which is fine but I think I'll be wanting something new comet his F/W. Might still pick up some basics though cause the cut works great on me.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I feel the same way. The fabrics and cuts are often great, and the general look is solid, but it's kind of running together. Not to say this is terrible because a lot of designers put out almost the same things every season with tweaks here and there trying to refine or build upon it. Raf used to blow **** up occasionally, or come out of left field which was nice. Raf and Jil are kinda meshing together. I still like it, and i'm sure it's all fantastic in person in regards to certain pieces, but i'm not as excited about seeing the shows these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads