• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Extra) Slim fit wool suits in Europe?

JonathanBauer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me out. I'm looking for (extra) slim fit suits. Background info: I'm 193cm 80kg (6"3 177lbs), low bodyfat percentage and I have broad shoulders for my small frame. Because of my job in corporate finance, I have to wear a suit everyday. When I wear regular suits, it just doesn't fit right and I feel awful. The jackets are OK, but the pants.. They are always so wide! I mean in jeans we're used to slim and skinny fits now, and when we step over to suits, all of a sudden we have to go back to these super wide pants with huge leg openings?

Now I've started looking for (extra) slim fit suits yesterday. But when you use this search term in Google, most suit sellers you find are sellers from the USA. Another thing, most (extra) slim fit suits are made in polyester instead of in wool. I regard my dad as a wise man, and he told me to always stick with wool because it 'breathes' whereas synthetics do not.

a) Do you know a suit seller in Europe, that sells (extra) slim fit suits in wool? We're talking about suits with pants that sit tighter on the thighs, and have leg openings of approximately 34/35cm(14").
b) How bad of a sin is it to buy a suit in synthetic fabric instead of wool? Is wool really that much better?

Thanks!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me out. I'm looking for (extra) slim fit suits. Background info: I'm 193cm 80kg (6"3 177lbs), low bodyfat percentage and I have broad shoulders for my small frame. Because of my job in corporate finance, I have to wear a suit everyday. When I wear regular suits, it just doesn't fit right and I feel awful. The jackets are OK, but the pants.. They are always so wide! I mean in jeans we're used to slim and skinny fits now, and when we step over to suits, all of a sudden we have to go back to these super wide pants with huge leg openings?

Now I've started looking for (extra) slim fit suits yesterday. But when you use this search term in Google, most suit sellers you find are sellers from the USA. Another thing, most (extra) slim fit suits are made in polyester instead of in wool. I regard my dad as a wise man, and he told me to always stick with wool because it 'breathes' whereas synthetics do not.

a) Do you know a suit seller in Europe, that sells (extra) slim fit suits in wool? We're talking about suits with pants that sit tighter on the thighs, and have leg openings of approximately 34/35cm(14").
b) How bad of a sin is it to buy a suit in synthetic fabric instead of wool? Is wool really that much better?

Thanks!
Hey mate, you’re in the right place.
Some people will rip you apart for wearing slim fit suits on here, but ignore them. They’re sheep!

I used to want slim fit everything when I was first starting out but over time, I preferred the well tailored fit. Which is meant to fit and draped over your body so you’re comfortable and that you feel confident. I’d recommend suit supply, T M Lewin or maybe even Charles Tyrwhitt (sp?). Could go as far as buying a stunning Italian made suit from canali on eBay and get a tailor to slim it down.

If a guy walked in to talk to me about corporate finance in a skinny suit that you can see is a terrible fit I’d be put off.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baa!

Someone wearing a super slim suit is hardly going to be considered well dressed by many people even in their thirties. One dresses to fit in with the image that is expected of someone in a particular profession which is not necessarily what one might wear for an evening out. Get into bespoke and get something slim but not excessively so.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you in Europe? Because every city has MTM (made to measure) tailors who will take your measurements and send them to a factory in Romania, where they will cut you a very nice half-canvassed suit for 4-600 euros, in any profile you like. You'll get a fitting, too.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you in Europe? Because every city has MTM (made to measure) tailors who will take your measurements and send them to a factory in Romania, where they will cut you a very nice half-canvassed suit for 4-600 euros, in any profile you like. You'll get a fitting, too.

and many don't fit either, even with a fitting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads