• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I noticed a post a while back looking for west end buckle pictures. For reference, here are my west ends (and a roller). Picture is about a year old.

Left to Right:
1 ¼" Australian Nut West End, Stainless Steel buckle
1 3/8" Scott Oak Bark, brass
1 3/8" Burgundy West End, brass
1 ½" Russet Bakers Bridle, brass roller

Thanks for that Patrick. I love how the Russet has developed!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
*Heads Up*

I've just added the very last of our Damascus Buckles to the website. It's the last one we have in stock, we don't intend to discontinue them, it's just we haven't a date for a new batch coming in, so this is all we have left for the foreseeable future!

First come, first served. It's on the website to purchase and you can use the JULY15 code to get 15% off.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/special-edition-belts/damascus-belt.html

Dawn

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Now you're making me regret the one I DID buy for my daughter-- that is very nice-looking indeed.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Now you're making me regret the one I DID buy for my daughter-- that is very nice-looking indeed.

They are all lovely, Im sure your Daughters is too :)

The lovely thing about both these and the Rentensu is they are genuinley unique. I love our Aspley in Palladium, but by design one is identical in every regard to another, every Damascus is totally unique.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Received some Equus goodies today:

Midnight blue bridle leather watch strap

Burgundy L&R with midnight blue lining

The L&R is definitely a seriously awesome belt, so substantial yet refined looking.

Great work as usual, Charlie.:slayer:

member2000r

Reaction score
May I suggest leather option from USA Horween? I think their shell cordovan, chromexcel, english dublin & bison leather are all great choice for belt
nod[1].gif

ksca

Reaction score
Received my third watch strap from Equus this weekend, this one in Australian Nut. The raised profile and stitching on these adds so much depth to the leather. As usual these pictures don't come close to capturing the quality, amazing job again Charlie!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Received some Equus goodies today:

Midnight blue bridle leather watch strap

Burgundy L&R with midnight blue lining

The L&R is definitely a seriously awesome belt, so substantial yet refined looking.

Great work as usual, Charlie.:slayer:

Thank you, really pleased you like them :)

I particularily enjoyed the blue lining for that L&R, its an unusual combo and went well together. I dont think we took any photos of it ourselves, must have been raining!

I love the L&Rs - as you say they are a very pleasing combination of substantial and refined. I love the effect light has on the raised areas and the stitching. Really this is the design that underpins all our recent work and started our relationship with SF in the first place.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Received my third watch strap from Equus this weekend, this one in Australian Nut. The raised profile and stitching on these adds so much depth to the leather. As usual these pictures don't come close to capturing the quality, amazing job again Charlie!
Thank you :) I completely agree, these are really very small Lined and Raised belts, with the added interest of the raising tapering from the watch to the holes to make the strap as flexible and user friendly as possible. The leather comes to life when you give it shape, its a totally different effect than a flat strap. Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

May I suggest leather option from USA Horween? I think their shell cordovan, chromexcel, english dublin & bison leather are all great choice for belt
nod%5B1%5D.gif

You may :)

Ive looked at Horween leather a number of time over the years, and I do already have a Special Edition penciled in as a Stratfield strap using the cross hatch grain in some of the interesting colours its available in, its really different and very appealing.

My take on their more mainstream leather is that their Shell is by far an away the best of what they do. Unfortunatley Shell is one leather we wont work with, its made using a sheet of ligament (arguably its not leather, its not made using skin) from the loin of a horse. Now, our background in business and craft is saddlery and equestrianism - we learnt our trade making things for horses. I believe in honesty and integrity in all we do, business, design and craft and it doesnt seem honest to go from making things for horses to making things from horses. Ive no problem at all with anyone else using it or owning it, but to us I think it would be a betrayal of our history and thus a slippery slope that ends with loosing our creative roots. Poncy no doubt but thats us creative types :)

Of the rest of their range, the chromexel has a really nice (though ever so slightly oily) finish and we could definitely make nice things with it. I havent seen the Dublin or Bison to my knowledge, I'll see if our Horween supplier has some to look at when we're next buying!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You may :) Ive looked at Horween leather a number of time over the years, and I do already have a Special Edition penciled in as a Stratfield strap using the cross hatch grain in some of the interesting colours its available in, its really different and very appealing. Charlie
Horween photograpic sample! Quite a bright colour and a somewhat fashion forward casual belt as a result - I rather like it though. There are three or four other interesting shades as well. No ETA as yet but a Special Edition in due course!
This would be for a belt in this style
Charlie

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horween photograpic sample! Quite a bright colour and a somewhat fashion forward casual belt as a result - I rather like it though. There are three or four other interesting shades as well. No ETA as yet but a Special Edition in due course!

Charlie
I have hatchgrain shoes and a hatchgrain wallet, how could I not?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads