• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle on the tassels of any kind, but in the interest of getting a loafer done in the mist suede, what do we think about this: Same great last only minus the tassels.
Are these available anywhere?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this is kind of boring for a MTO, and its easily available though makers like C&J, but I'd love a simple black calf, or shell, cap toe. Or brogued captoe. I'm sorely missing that option in my shoe collection and was wondering if something like that could gain any steam here. Its one of the few shoes I'd honestly prefer calf (Carmina French calf) over shell. Thoughts...?

diglett

Reaction score
^ Pretty sure Carmina stocks that in their e-store. In case that model is actually shell, I know for a fact that Skoaktiebolaget has exactly that model.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Apologies for my missing in action status as of the last week. As Matt posted, I was fully mired in my own personal hell of annual tax and bookeeping procrastination, but it's all behind me now. Let's talk about some shoes!

I've got a big order from Carmina coming in about a week. Inside is:

Incoming MTO Projects
1. Ruby Shell Balmoral Boot
2. Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot
3. Navy Calfskin Alcudia Last Wholecut
4. Dark Brown Suede Jodphur Boot

Thanks to everyone who ordered! We'll drop you a line once the shoes come in.

Open Stock Styles:
1. Hawthorne Handsewn loafer in Snuff Suede & Navy Suede
2. Rand Single Monk in Chocolate Calf and Snuff Suede
3. Alt Wien in Caramel Calf
4. Fitgerald in Chocolate Calf and Saddle Shell Cordovan

Over the next few months, we should get a new delivery every 4-5 weeks, typically around this time.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And let's get some new styles cooking this week. Frank the Sheep was kind enough to forward me two styles that a few guys were already interested in. And then we've got some great ideas floating around here.

LONGWING IN LODEN SUEDE

We're looking at this model with (1) a dark green suede upper and (2) a slightly thinner leather sole. We'd keep the antique brass eyelets. It's going to be fantastic!

UETAM TASSEL LOAFER IN FOX SUEDE

This will be a clean venetian tassel loafer with dark brown tassels. I'm waiting to see if Carmina can supply a "fox" colored suede with has a really handsome butterscotch tone. The shoe would look very much like this G&G loafer, but without the perfs at the toe.

BLACK CALF DRESS SHOE

I'd love to do something interesting here. It would have to be calfskin, as Carmina doesn't actually offer black Shell Cordovan.

We've got the idea of the brogued wholecut or a captoe. I was thinking - if we go with the captoe, then we could use that Queens last model that we made up in Ruby. That shape is really great, and the Queens last fit is solid. If there's enough interest, I could certainly put up both styles.

MIST SUEDE LOAFER
Since we have the tassels going on the Fox loafer, how about rolling with the UETAM last penny for these? It's a fantastic shape. We could also do it as a handsewn on the XIM last, which would be considerably less expensive. Here's an image of that:

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Are you bringing back the snuff suede double monk? If so, any idea when and is it possible to pre-order a pair and get them sent direct from Spain to the UK or is this only possible on MTO's?

Thanks

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And let's get some new styles cooking this week. Frank the Sheep was kind enough to forward me two styles that a few guys were already interested in. And then we've got some great ideas floating around here.

This will be a clean venetian tassel loafer with dark brown tassels. I'm waiting to see if Carmina can supply a "fox" colored suede with has a really handsome butterscotch tone. The shoe would look very much like this G&G loafer, but without the perfs at the toe.

Well done Mike, well done. In for this one.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Are you bringing back the snuff suede double monk? If so, any idea when and is it possible to pre-order a pair and get them sent direct from Spain to the UK or is this only possible on MTO's?

Thanks

Yes, I've got it on order. That might be possible to do for you - let me check.

Well done Mike, well done. In for this one.

Glad that you dig it! I love this style too, but I can't take the credit for it, this idea came from the guys on the Carmina thread, I'm just trying to source the suede for them. Hopefully we can make this happen! If I can get my hands on this color, we should toss around some other ideas for it too. It would make a rad captoe.

thecool85

Reaction score
MIST SUEDE LOAFER
Since we have the tassels going on the Fox loafer, how about rolling with the UETAM last penny for these? It's a fantastic shape. We could also do it as a handsewn on the XIM last, which would be considerably less expensive. Here's an image of that:

Glad your tax nightmare is behind you, Mike. I'm in for the Uetam Penny.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BLACK CALF DRESS SHOE

I'd love to do something interesting here. It would have to be calfskin, as Carmina doesn't actually offer black Shell Cordovan.

We've got the idea of the brogued wholecut or a captoe. I was thinking - if we go with the captoe, then we could use that Queens last model that we made up in Ruby. That shape is really great, and the Queens last fit is solid. If there's enough interest, I could certainly put up both styles.

Regarding the Uetam Tassel Loafer in Fox Suede - Would it be possible to order this shoe without the tassels?

Regarding the Black Calf Brogue Wholecut Captoe Dress Shoe - How does the Queens last fit compared to the Rain last?

Thanks Mike!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads