1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Cool thanks for the info. I have to do some more experimentation with Carmina in order to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. This pair on my way right now is my third try, so hopefully I'll find that something of theirs works for me!

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm in on the hatch grain chukkas, my first Carminas. Unfortunately, I had to choose between the hatch grain leather and the suede and, since the hatch grain leather is more unique, it won out. I also prefer the Dainite soles for foul weather boots. Now the waiting begins...

4. bibs

bibs Senior member

Hey guys , had a hard time ordering the Hatch Chukkas,kept on timing out and the order wouldnt push through. Sent you guys an email

5. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Shot you guys an email if still might be possible to squeeze in, totally didn't read the timeline correctly...

6. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike-

Any chance that the Sinclair can be made on the Rain last?

7. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Hey Mike,

Any chance of either Burgundy or Navy jumper boot in shell cordovan? Best if both.[​IMG]

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

9. Tenance

Tenance Active Member

That's great news! I got in on the hatch grain boots. Can't wait to see how they turn out! Carmina sure must be busy these days, with all these orders coming in

10. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

anyone interested in a black wholecut or medallion toe? i know its boring but i need more black shoes and rather get carmina than going to c&j or alden

alcudia last if possible

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  11. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I would be interested in a wholecut in cordovan - black, navy or burgundy cordovan. I could be persuaded to support a medallion toe, although I would really prefer a plain toe.

I am afraid, however, that I need a last that supports a wide foot - forest or rain - and I need the wide fitting for either of those. I understand that Oscar or Robert lasts are wider still, but I think those are boots only.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Do you have an ETA for the tassel loafer MTO?

13. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Mike,
    Can you make this happen? Shell cordovan in Navy or burgundy would be awsome

14. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

+1. Hopefully they will come soon.

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Would be very interested in burgundy or what looks to be saddle. As long as it is a Dainite sole.

16. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

Mike,

Any news on the Navy Jodhpur boots that were ordered back in November (I believe), and then messed up?

Weren't they supposed to be here by latest June? We're headed into August with nothing yet.

I called the store a few times and each time I was told I would receive an email response with some sort of update.....still nothing.

Getting very frustrating.

17. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago I was told they'd come in in September. Just in time for boot season!

18. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Anything happen regarding this possible MTO?

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ I really like the punching along the quarters, but I'm not a huge fan of the U-cap toe (I think that's what it's called...not sure if I'm using the term correctly). I'd love to see something just like the above pic, only with a straight punched cap and medallion, preferably on a slimmer last like Simpson or Alcudia.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Apologies that I've been missing in action for the past few weeks - we're organizing everything for the California move and Santa Monica store opening, so things are a little nutzo. But we received a MASSIVE Carmina delivery yesterday. The following MTO styles came in:

Loden Shell Cordovan Longwing
    Loden Shell Cordovan Greeley
    Navy Shell Cordovan Greeley
    Loden Shell Cordovan Jumper Boot
    Ruby Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher
    Noix Suede Loafer

I'll have images of everything later tonight - they look fantastic! Like the last time, we'll build out an online item where you can submit the balance payments. And we'll work to get everything packed and labeled for shipping over the weekend.

One note for the Noix Suede Loafer guys. Carmina goofed on the tassel and made it up ALL in Noix suede. It was ordered with a brown smooth leather tassel. I've negotiated a discount on it, so if you want to take the shoes, then they will be 15% off, for a final retail of $510 (this will be reflected in the balance payment). But you also have the option to cancel your preorder for them, as they did not arrive as promised.

Everything else is spot on. And good lord, the Loden Shell Cordovan is SO BOSS!