• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks man. Just decent for hot weather wear? How'd they fare in NYC late July? Tough to tell the weight/breathability factor on a canvas from the photo.

@applky it's not a Summer fabric specifically... I think most guys would were it fine in those months, but dudes wear jeans in the Summer too. Personally I'd wear a grass skirt for the NYC heat in August if I could. But it washes well and it will wear well into the late Fall.

Mike, Any dressier cotton options? Something like a cashco or khyber?

@Viral not at the moment, but there might be some other options on Monday or so in cottons and linens. They sold a lot better than we expected, so I'll see if we can get more.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Viral not at the moment, but there might be some other options on Monday or so in cottons and linens. They sold a lot better than we expected, so I'll see if we can get more.[/QUOTE]

cool!! Got home late form work and missed out on some choice fabrics - let's see what Monday brings =)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bleu De Travail Pre-Wash Pics

This guys is going under the knife this weekend. Going to wash it twice and see what color loss we get. After that, it's getting dispatched to the wear tester. And I'll put white tees in with the chino to see how much bleeding happens on both the first and the second wash.
Bleu Pre-Wash Waist.jpg
Bleu Pre-Wash Back.jpg
Bleu Pre-Wash Cuff.jpg
Bleu Pre-Wash Main.jpg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn i missed out on that green linen. That's what I get for hesitating.

Not going to lie Nik. You mentioned that and I wanted to kop. Didn't get it though, she gone to someone else. I can see the EZ pant being fun for this type of eff in the future.
Some cotton/synths would be great. Like rayon or modal blends etc. Super comfy ****

cosmicstring

Reaction score
@Epaulet as promised, I've put in a substantial order for the 2017 museum calf project. Previously you said it was possible to order for my girlfriend, so I did, putting in the notes which footwear should be built with a women's last. There's one wrinkle, though: her size is one half-size below the lowest EU size listed. Will this be a problem?

Also, just out of curiosity, I peeked at the 2016 project's pictures to see what was gone this time around -- the tennis high and the colors mocha and loden. Given the myriad brown boots in the world, I can see how mocha wasn't as compelling at the other colors. The loden still jumps out at me, though. Weird question: did you sell 50 units of loden footwear last year? What happens/happened to unused material, if not? (EFF makes me wonder what happens to all ends :)

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(I will say once more and then forever hold my piece that the white tennis high was the greatest sneaker ever made)

I own these and concur. There's a new pair size 8.5 listed on a secondary-market site right now. If it were a 9 I'd have snatched them up. I have an 8.5 navy museum calf I love but unfortunately too small (see below)

Last edited:

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet what do you think of a SS Sunset Madras with a camp collar? Thinking of putting in an order on tuesday if nothing catches my eye for the pants on monday. I

Melomane

Reaction score
A SS sunset madras would have been something i'd have done but I don't see it in the dropdown menu. Is it really sold out already or is it still too early and has not been loaded in yet? Didn't know the EFF was up. Really hope it's the latter as I believe i missed the flannel version of this from a previous EFF.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A SS sunset madras would have been something i'd have done but I don't see it in the dropdown menu. Is it really sold out already or is it still too early and has not been loaded in yet? Didn't know the EFF was up. Really hope it's the latter as I believe i missed the flannel version of this from a previous EFF.

**** I missed that it wasn't in the Drop Down

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads