• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
@manQso
@jmaudi0
@Duke Silver
@tropic

Thank you very much for the denim suggestions - love this thread and the EP customers, you guys rule!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm another Rudy guy and found the Tellason "Ankara" to have a great fit, albeit with a slightly lower rise than I would prefer (though my pair is now about 6 years old and I believe they've adjusted the measurements a bit since then and it looks like the newer ones have a better rise). I've also found the Raleigh Denim "Graham" fit to be a very good Rudy equivalent with a higher rise than the Tellason. Both are great quality denim but the Tellason are usually available at a better price.

ino68

Reaction score
I've found Naked and Famous Skinny Guy fits pretty much exactly the same as the very early EPLA denim (back when they had those awesome flower block buttons on the fly.)

Comparing 30 tag size on EPLA to 31 in N&F, the N&F has a bit more taper to it though.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Anyone have a black XL field jacket they'd like to get rid of? I purchased one and it was oversold - the large doesn't work. Fat chance but thought I'd check...

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
That Ghost Suede MA-1 -- Holy macaroni! I've taken a pretty severe hiatus from buying clothes, but as soon as I received the email yesterday, insta-buy.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Epaulet (Southwick) tweed sport coat and (Hertling) tan cotton moleskin Walt trousers:

tumblr_ofop5mJjHD1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ofop6q0Bd31r8bgano1_1280.jpg

Details

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by the hermosa beach location to try out the Ghost MA-1 and it's truly beautiful. I don't think you'll find another jacket that is on this level at the price they are offering... and the discount makes it basically unbeatable value.

Took some shots while I was there so enjoy. Fits real nicely... I'm 6' 2" and ~180lbs. Usually wear XL/52 (for the length) but went with L/50 on this one bc it fit slightly better. 52 would've been better for layering (sweater/hoodie) but I think I'll wear this with a tshirt or shirt most of the time. The color looks a little green here but it's not. It's grey.

Lastly, huge shoutout to Mike for being super friendly and showing me cool pieces in the studio! I usually prefer online shopping but the experience was definitely great and felt quite personal. :)

PS- you guys are missing out if you don't get this lol (and I own ~10 bombers)

PS2- this location was surprisingly difficult to find at first.

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For other Rudy guys out there, I have a straight leg cut from The Flat Head that fit me really well. Not a whole lot of denim out there works for me, but these ones are great. 3 years+ and they're only getting better.

How did you size in comparison?

@ambyance looks amazing!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this one for a while but first time wearing it. Wears like a shirt...so comfortable.

Paired with moleskin pants....

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I love that MA-1, I opted for the Snuff Blouson which I think will work better for me

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm torn about the ghost MA-1. I love my Mulberry leather from a few years ago and don't want to give it less "wear time" in my limited jacket season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads