• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops - went back to my cart to pull the trigger on the ironside alt wiens to discover they're all gone. This is how it goes, right Frank?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting observation..........I felt the same way. This part of Brooklyn was so gentrified.......couldn't distinguish real from the phony.

LOL, very few parts of Brooklyn aren't these days.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the ETA on the museum calf sneakers project? Anxious awaiting some gold high tops.

wakawaka

Reaction score
if anybody missed out on the ironside indy's in 8.5, shoot me a pm

If these were 9.5, I would initiate the negotiations
smile.gif
... By the way, does anyone have a pair of Brooklyn store sale Aldens in 9.5 that's he's willing to part with?... Or, for that matter, a Medium leather jacket?

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Late to the party, but big congratulations to Mike and Adele for their cross country move. I hope to see more of them now that we'll be on the same coast.

Pic from this weekend featuring Japanese Bordeaux Twill Walts

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Chelseas shipping this week?

@lifeinabox scheduled to fly from Portugal on Friday with delivery next week.

Anyone know the ETA on the museum calf sneakers project? Anxious awaiting some gold high tops.

@JayDotz those are slated for July

Well said. Really bummed the Brooklyn store is closing--had so many nice conversations with those guys there over the years. For a business that relies so heavily on online sales, they sure made it nice to go to the store.

On the other hand, that sale turned up an overdyed indigo LBM jacket that has apparently had my name on it since like 2014... You win some, you lose some.

For anyone still thinking about making the trip, word from the wise is that today is sock day.

@mattp great seeing you! And that jacket was an awesome score - total one-off piece. That was the only linen overdye one too.

HH trainers in Santa Cruz

I was on a ride and they kept telling me to put my phone away.

@justinkapur cool shot!

I stopped by the Brooklyn store today as well: first time since 2009 or 2010 when I had to wait nearly 40 mins for the dreaded F train. Thankfully, the LES store opened a few years later. And thankfully today I got the F train right away in both directions.

The sale was worthwhile and thanks to Mike, Adele and the whole team for a pleasant shopping experience even amid the bustle of a store closing sale.

@bry2000 thanks for the kind words and the support - great seeing you!

Just got back from the closing sale in Brooklyn. The energy and vibe of the place was outstanding. If you guys are in the area please do yourself a favor and make the trip. It was such a nice a day in the city, I thought I would stop by and meet the Epaulet crew. I ended up buying 2 shoes. But the real treat of the day was meeting the crew and speaking with Mike and Dylan. I am so impressed with them on a personal level. Not only are they genuinely good people but they have this extraordinary passion for what they do. For example , I was talking to Mike about the MTO shirts and we started to discuss the DOJ SIC shirts and his eyes just lit up (the guy truly loves the fabric). These guys are not sales people just trying to get every penny out of the consumer . To me, Epaulet is attempting to share an experience to the consumer. (I apologize if I am sounding like a "fan boy.") They love what they do and it definitely shows. A couple of things that I noticed or discovered today:
1) Mike has a lot of killer events coming out. (my wallet is already shaking) Not my place to put them in this post.
2) The Chelsea boots are soooo much nicer in real life. I did not participate in the group buy and now regret it.
3) The Hawaiian shirts are freaking awesome
4) The Derby shoes are really comfortable. Probably the steal of a century.
5) The denim jackets run slightly larger than the typical Epaulet fit ( I wear XXL in the shirting but the XL was fine in the jacket)
6) Dylan was taller than expected :)

Epaulet thank you guys for wonderful time. Sad to see the store is closing , but at least we have the LES shop. Adele and Mike, I wish your family the best out in California . I am sure your daughter will love it.

@SherifEnt thanks so much for the kind words- it was great meeting you! Thanks for bringing your family by despite all the chaos in there.

The Bengal striped Artisan beast just arrived.

This shirt is straight fire gangsta.

Went with the double button. Sort of a French Cuff feel to it.

@metranger8694 that shirt came out rad on you! Let's wear it at the same time and start up a gang

Got the Khaki field jacket yesterday in the mail. Windy day in LA so got to test if it's wind proof and definitely did the job there. But warmed right up and still didn't get too warm in the jacket. So definitely worth a purchase if anyone's on the edge out here.

@ Mike
Will the field jacket shirk at all still or did the enzyme wash pretty much take that out?

@L.I.T. glad that you dig it! I wore mine all weekend. No more shrinkage on that at all.

I have a pair, still wear them regularly (especially in the Fall). Great boots.

End of an era for the Brooklyn store. I'll definitely swing by. Sounds like a great move Mike, congratulations!

@MaxK thanks for all of the support over the years - we'll miss you guys!

scrolls

Reaction score
What color are people doing for the waffleknit cardigan? I want something super versatile but not too boring (like charcoal... no offense to anyone getting charcoal). I'm waffling between mocha, pacific blue, and derby (though I'm not even sure what color derby is).

SherifEnt

Reaction score
What color are people doing for the waffleknit cardigan? I want something super versatile but not too boring (like charcoal... no offense to anyone getting charcoal). I'm waffling between mocha, pacific blue, and derby (though I'm not even sure what color derby is).

I am actually considering the waffleknit in purple heather. I was considering doing something more conservative however after talking with Mike I am leaning toward the purple heather. I love the mocha but I think it may be too dark and kind of obscure the detail of the waffleknit

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am actually considering the waffleknit in purple heather. I was considering doing something more conservative however after talking with Mike I am leaning toward the purple heather. I love the mocha but I think it may be too dark and kind of obscure the detail of the waffleknit

@SherifEnt oh man, the purple heather would be unstoppable in that shape!

Too funny.

We would be like Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell "Night at the Roxbury" guys.

I wonder how the Purple Canclini woulda looked with an Artisan Collar?!

@metranger8694 we just got in the "Finestra" shirt in chambray (Artisan collar, dual flap chest pockets, shoulder epaulets) and its unspeakably rad. I'll have fit photos in it soon!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sample sale was great and a lot of fun!

Picked up two great mismeasured individualized shirts, even though Mike told me I'd be too fat for them.

Even a master of shirt measurements can be wrong sometimes, haha

Those were originally detailed by @sacafotos - he was the dude to pick out those baller fabrics!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I might do oatmeal in the waffle knit, but was also considering derby. Might just need to get both.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Derby would be nice. i think bordeaux is the choice for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads