• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also got some lovely baby cord shirts from the crew, including this stunning forest green. Mama mia...

3E199E68-7C82-4885-9EF8-FDF9BD1BE6E8.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Baby Cord shirts! That green one looks especially good. I'm wearing my white one right now.

My only gripe with them is putting a sweater or unlined tweed or flannel jacket on over them can be a little bit of a hassle.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Baby Cord shirts! That green one looks especially good. I'm wearing my white one right now.

My only gripe with them is putting a sweater or unlined tweed or flannel jacket on over them can be a little bit of a hassle.

Oh for sure. The first time I wore my white baby cord (I have two white ones now) I ripped some stitches from my navy Dartmouth :fu:

I’m more careful now.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! And thanks @Epaulet for getting me in under the wire for this one. I wasn't following that round of EFFs closely and then I was all wait wut?!?!

It's quite a lightweight fabric, so I'll be interested to see how it wears. Probably not stuffing my hands into the pockets... Dartmouth jacket is really nice. Don't have one of those yet. Lapels seem like a reasonable width and the shoulders are lovely. Going to get the waist taken in a little and I think it's going to work well for me.

I'm open for suggestions on ties to wear with this. Thinking blues will work well. White shirt I think. Maybe something in a blue stripe since it's a pretty casual suit overall.

White shirt, fuschia tie

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cheers to the koi fish shirt.

@hooker4186 @L.I.T. the OG print! We'll have more items in that vibe this Summer.

If I take a Large in most of your shirts, would I take a 40 in the Doyle? My suit size varies between a 38-40 but closer to that 40.

@justinkapur yup, I'd definitely say a 40 for you in the REDA. 40 in Mean Green will feel a little big on the first wear, but will fit closer after the wash.

Sashiko preorders shipping yet?

@jmaudi0 pretty close, they hit the dye house on Friday. Couple of days for dyeing and sewing the buttons. I anticipate getting them totally finished and ready to ship next Thu-Fri.

Feeling springy (even though it’s cold out). All EP except monk boots (Vass):

@peppercorn78 so great! Love the shirt with that!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone as excited for the Mean Green as I am? I jumped on this last night.
My Hertling and Southwick orders are all on a similar timeline (next week or three...), and it's hard work to keep them out of my mind. I don't need any more distractions...

;)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, sure, but I'm going to wear it in a specific situation that calls for a tie, so any thoughts?
Vanda seersucker, either version. Block stripe shantung, if you're not a slub hater--I'm thinking ecru and brown stripes. Agreed on rust, but you could go panama silk if you weren't into shantung.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nd1nd2nd3 if you're a size 40, I just decided to sell mine and replace with the Nairobi Doyle, which I'll be putting in my deposit on very soon. Haven't listed it yet in the B/S/T thread.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally don't like the way the Doyles are styled in your product photos (I just can't get behind buttoning them up) but the entire REDA shoot, especially that picture you show above, is just awesome. Looks like a really luxe product.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus