• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick. I have successfully let out thighs on a driggs without ripping the whole inseam. Gave me about a half inch I'd guess. I would try it, along with the seat likley (but can't tell)

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this was my first sweater buy in, did previous drops have a larger percentage of slightly slimmer results like what is appearing now? I'm confident I screwed up myself with my sizing and will just sell it off, but would like to get a couple more sweaters next time that will fit

TIA

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nick. I have successfully let out thighs on a driggs without ripping the whole inseam. Gave me about a half inch I'd guess. I would try it, along with the seat likley (but can't tell)

Good idea, I'll save it for next season though. No point in modifying them now if they will, hopefully, fit better next summer. But I'll make sure to keep it in mind!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this was my first sweater buy in, did previous drops have a larger percentage of slightly slimmer results like what is appearing now? I'm confident I screwed up myself with my sizing and will just sell it off, but would like to get a couple more sweaters next time that will fit

TIA

Seems like it's the waffle knit cardigan that people are mentioning and that's a new style for this round. I'd guess that might account for the sizing issues.

SherifEnt

Reaction score
I agree with you guys regarding the fit of the sweaters. The waffle fit cardigan definitely came in smaller than the other cardigans. Maybe it is by design to make the waffle knit tighter since it may loosen in time ? I really hope it loosens since the purple sweater is amazing.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
I'll make sure to take a full frontal shot. I should have sized up but it'll be fine come next year if I drop some weight. I carry all my weight in my thighs and seat so pant sizing can be tricky for me.
I eventually ended up sizing up one for any fabric on all trouser cuts that I can wear (or think I can wear)- Rudy, Taylor, Gable- and sizing up two for linen specifically.

This was *before* I ended up sizing up myself. I'm thinking its easier and cheaper to lose weight to make my existing wardrobe fit better instead of spending a fortune on alterations and new things, but I think I've been posting about this intermittently all year... ;D

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I eventually ended up sizing up one for any fabric on all trouser cuts that I can wear (or think I can wear)- Rudy, Taylor, Gable- and sizing up two for linen specifically.

This was *before* I ended up sizing up myself.  I'm thinking its easier and cheaper to lose weight to make my existing wardrobe fit better instead of spending a fortune on alterations and new things, but I think I've been posting about this intermittently all year... ;D

Haha my thinking as well. I'll just have to work at sizing myself down over the winter. I'd rather my trousers fit on the large side than be painted on.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like having a number of great trousers to help you crack down on an expanding waistline. I ordered several new pairs this season and had several pairs from old EFFs that I hadn't had a chance to get hemmed (they were flannels/tweeds that came late in the season last year). Trying those pairs on about a month ago, I realized they didn't fit me and that the pairs I had ordered were not going to fit. That was a moment of panic. It's not like I made a huge effort or anything but I've been laying off the cookies ever since and managing to be a lot more conscientious about things. Happy to say it did the trick - though I have hit that stage where constant vigilance is required...

Ed. FTFM

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. I have a couple of these awesome sweaters and the waffle knit definitely made up small. Damnit.

Yeah I kinda wish there was any sort of indication of this prior to the pre-order.

I was thinking the same thing. The size 42 waffle knit is considerably tighter than my size 42 shawl collar heirloom from last time. But it's not just the chest and waist, it's the sleeves too, which are skin tight on my arms while wearing only a tee underneath. I don't think that measurement will stretch out enough to make it comfortable unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad