• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn those look good. I hope the cashmere pique looks that good--I was napping on the regular navy. Any pics of that cash windopane? I'm really interested to see how that turned out.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Ahhh sorry - that one should have been in staging mode. Working on those pics now.
I'd say that the natural light pic on the grey background is closer to the actual tone. Walnut is beautiful - a richer khaki color.

Really like that walnut color!!!

neutrino

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance: so Walts are done with creases whatever the fabric, but Driggs not?

N E B

Reaction score
Really liked the Wilshires I tried on in the store. The fit works great for me! Just curious about how much the denim will stretch if at all. Likewise the G&L rivets look great too, but I'm just curious about how much they'd shrink in the wash. Thanks!

chrisbkreme

Reaction score
Got the Doyle last Friday and been wearing it everyday since. I love it so much I would consider getting another in a different color. Perfect spring jacket. I use it as a sweater replacement and wear the collar turned up so it doesn't look like a shirt, and leave the button and top two buttons un done. Excuse the poor quality mirror shots, just wanted to post some fit pics.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is your flannel underneath from JCrew two Christmases ago? I believe I have the same one.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Pardon my ignorance: so Walts are done with creases whatever the fabric, but Driggs not?

Actually, these days we specify side-to-side pressing (no crease) for all cotton trousers. All the new cotton Walts will be made this way. Most guys prefer that.

Really liked the Wilshires I tried on in the store. The fit works great for me! Just curious about how much the denim will stretch if at all. Likewise the G&L rivets look great too, but I'm just curious about how much they'd shrink in the wash. Thanks!

Excellent! We've found that the denim stretches about a full inch in the waist, so you want to buy it fitted in the beginning. It should be tighter than you'd like, but not so tight that you cannot sit down comfortably. And the legs should feel generally good, as the thighs will break in a bit, but won't really stretch. Most flexing for denim happens at the waist and seat.

G&L Rivets shouldn't shrink at all in the wash save for about a half inch in the length. Overall quality chino twills pretty much stay the same. They'll stretch out a bit with a LOT of wear, but nothing like denim. And you'll want to keep them out of a dryer to preserve the color.

Got the Doyle last Friday and been wearing it everyday since. I love it so much I would consider getting another in a different color. Perfect spring jacket. I use it as a sweater replacement and wear the collar turned up so it doesn't look like a shirt, and leave the button and top two buttons un done. Excuse the poor quality mirror shots, just wanted to post some fit pics.

Excellent - thanks for picking it up and glad that you dig it so much! We're definitely working on a bunch of Doyle variants to keep the excitement going. And Matt's going to give you some major props for the Caran D'Ache pen

Last edited:

ascher07

Reaction score
A few pages back, I believe you mentioned a camp moc coming soon. I may be just one man, but I would be on that with a quickness.

Also, do you plan on making a MTO load out for the wool pants as well, or is that a cotton only club? Thanks! Keep up the great work.

chrisbkreme

Reaction score
Excellent - thanks for picking it up and glad that you dig it so much! We're definitely working on a bunch of Doyle variants to keep the excitement going. And Matt's going to give you some major props for the Caran D'Ache pen[/quote]

Haha yeah, love the jacket and the pen.

kwanon

Reaction score
Question about the EPLA tees. Those are garment dyed, right? So does it stand to reason that I could buy a white one and dye it myself to some color of my preference? Descriptions says the enzyme wash seals in the dye, so maybe that will stymie my DIY attempt.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
taking another shot at the elusive blazer/denim combo. shirt sleeves are a little long but I expect them to shrink a bit still.

Epaulet navy hopsack blazer​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads