• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

User888

Reaction score
A pair of EB boots that I now regret not getting. Perhaps I wasn't too convinced about the lighter suede on top.... A different Balmoral boot as well which I now very much like so maybe I need to analyze what kind of leather combos I would go for in a future pair.
Not sure what the grain brown leather was...
IMG-20230410-WA0063.jpg
IMG_20230410_172631.jpg
IMG-20230410-WA0064.jpg

l33tcoder

Reaction score
I am curious as to what lasted "open laces" mean and if they apply to derby style only? I need to use tongue pads and/or insoles for my EB boots (derby and balmoral) and I recently discovered that potentially having lasted "open laces" might help.

I saw a few photos of "open laces" and couldn't make out the difference at least based on online photos.

Thanks!

ThomasR

Reaction score
I am curious as to what lasted "open laces" mean and if they apply to derby style only? I need to use tongue pads and/or insoles for my EB boots (derby and balmoral) and I recently discovered that potentially having lasted "open laces" might help.

I saw a few photos of "open laces" and couldn't make out the difference at least based on online photos.

Thanks!
it only applies to derby shoes & boots.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
It applies to any laced boot and it essentially allows the boot to be made with a reduced instep height. Many of us find Bonafe lasts to have high insteps and this helps us take our normal size whilst having a better fitting boot from a volume perspective.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Was hoping to get some insight on a recent order I made.
I ordered some EB wholecuts and received them last weekend... I noticed they have some creasing right out of the box, I had these made to order and did not even try them on. The seller tells me that this is normal, I just wanted to get a second opinion as well. Thank you.
View attachment 2005785 View attachment 2005787 View attachment 2005789
This is indeed disturbing. My first pair of Vass where wholecut F last, and they arrived with some deep creasing on the same area of one shoe. I returned it for a remade pair, which arrived in perfect condition. I personally expect my shoes to arrive in pristine condition, unless I'm buying them at an appropriate discount.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like my Bronze shell boots, the shell is really beautiful. Another Enzo color I am very fond of is their mahogany, it’s just a really great color.
IMG_3710.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads