Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. Alzuura

Alzuura Member

Wow thank you for all of your avid answers! Truly appreciate the input guys.

On a side note, I have another question. Do Enzo Bonafe's RTW and MTO differ in any aspects (quality-wise)?

2. gmehra

gmehra Active Member

3. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Having owned and used somewhere in the ballpark of 30 pairs of Enzos, I have only had issues with leather on maybe 2 or 3 pairs.

That being said, certain XYZ northampton RTW makers, at certain exorbitant price points, while using marginally better leather, certainly don't employ significantly better finishing, lasting, or construction techniques to warrant such a large price differential. At that price point, there are certainly many makers who can do much much better. The value proposition of XYZ makers are pretty dismal, to extremely mediocre at best.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 7:32 PM

4. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I'm pretty excited for my shell boots, made in homage to a certain XYZ makers boot, with handwelted construction for more than a grand less than the equivalent boot by said maker. Im looking forward to some more Enzo purchases in the future since the value is definitely there.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

What color(s), last, sole? Etc.

6. WilYa

WilYa Member

Can't agree more! That's why we often see shoes from these makers discounted at 50% or more.

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Balway style boot with bourbon grain shell shaft, bourbon shell upper, 74945 last, 270 flat handwelt with natural finish, 4+4 antique brass eyelets/hooks, dk brown rubber sole (Danite style), purple lining.

I was actually inspired by your Valways, peppercorn. I love a sleek cap toe boot (hole in my current collection) and it didn't look like another run of whiskey harlech was happening anytime soon.

8. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Senior member

That will be an absolutely killer makeup. Are you looking at an MTO or will you consider trying to get 4 first?

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Thanks! I am extremely excited for them. I had given consideration to a group order but I was really drawn to the idea of a one-off boot for myself. I decided the extra surcharge was worth having a unique boot and I finalized the order with Lorenzo last week and now its just :lurk:

Im itching for something with norvegese stitching and will likely seek a group for that one. By the way, the shark/shell jumpers look amazing :slayer: