Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Beautiful paintings...and shoes. Enjoy all of them.

2. NJE66

NJE66 Active Member

After reading it again and your explanation it makes sense. Thank you for responding.

Now, how can that be? JLB and/or EG for 40-60% of retail!? Being extremely trigger happy regarding shoes most likely kind of a good thing not yet figured that one out. But back on topic, consider Enzo Bonafé to be great value. My first Vass experience in september though, when in Budapest. Gifted with weird feet which makes it difficult to order online when not familiar with lasts...
    Meccariello Argentum Dux line in near future.

Thank you, much appreciated. A thing of beauty is a joy forever, I guess.

3. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

A comment on leathers from Bonafè. We have in the past had some limited issues with Museum Calf and Melezze Calf. The problem with Museum Calf is general and not specific for Bonafè. We have even rejected Lobbs in Museum Calf. The supplier for Melezze has been changed after feedback from our clients (some active here on SF). What is important here is that Bonafè listens to their clients and are willing to change something if there's an issue that
    has been confirmed.

Skoaktiebolaget has sold thousands of pairs of Bonafè shoes with very few complaints. Bonafè shoes are very much hand made and "quirks" will always be a part of this small scale, artisanal operation unless they mechanise and automate their production, which I don't see happening. IMO it's not a shoe for an overly sensitive client that will have an issue with anything less than flawless. Manufacturers in this category (Vass, Bonafè, Maftei) all share similar challenges as far as I can tell. Shoes that are hand made to this degree and that are (more or less) flawless are usually around twice the price point.

I own 8-9 pairs myself and have only great things to say about this maker; artisanship and aesthetics is great and the lasts are a good fit for me (high instep). As a retailer I especially appreciate their willingness to adopt and develop new patterns and use different types of materials outside of the "standard swatch book selection". It's a freedom that is rare when more and more manufacturers are limiting their retailers.

4. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I hear ya. The instep was a cause for concern for me as well since I have long slim feet. I was really lucky to find out some people get their MTOs "lasted open" which shrinks the instep a bit (about a half size).

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

My Parental brain immediately harkens Mary Poppins.

Sales do happen for these makers. Skoaktiebolaget recently was selling Lobbs for approximately half price on clearance special.

That you rarely see such deep markdowns for Bonafe and Vass shows you how reasonably priced their MSRP is!

6. peppercorn78

Just another example of what a flexible, customer-centric business Mr Bonafe is running!

7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Pepper sale happens for every maker from skoak I have picked up 4 Enzo for about 350$ & vass sells for 425$ & you know this also FYI they still honor that price even after mr kuti is gone !!!

8. peppercorn78

Yes, I understand you lucky ducks with standard width feet get to find Enzo's at discount. For us duck-footers, its MTO only!

:fu:

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Bang for buck for you my friend is Vass at 425$ or 500$ mto is a true bang for buck !!!

10. peppercorn78

I agree.

11. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Excuse the topic deviation but Is that standard pricing or is that during a seasonal special for Vass?
    @TtownMD

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Normal price !!

13. NJE66

NJE66 Active Member

US market 50%, sale JBL SKOAB on EU/international site 20-25%. Under the impression there are significant differences between the US and EU market. Maybe I´m in the dark, and I would love to be wrong, doubt the numbers are common in Europe. I´m happy if I find a pair of C&J, in a model I actually are interested in, on 25-30% summer sale discount.

14. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

But every thing is significant cheaper on EU/international site vs US for every day shopping. So it make sense that they gave US 50% off for few days !!

15. NJE66

NJE66 Active Member

TtownMD

Agree, the numbers mentioned above just surprised me. I love if you guys can make a bargain. :bounce2:

JLB seems more expensive, EB lover price.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 at 2:08 PM