• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS15

Beedub

Reaction score

Do you like the ripstop fabrics? Does it look good in the form of a jacket / blazer?

Yeah, love it. I'm not much of a blazer wearer so this is a nice way to transition into that sort of look as the ripstop and cut of the Bedford makes it much more casual. The colour of the olive one is great too, really dark/ deep.

agvs

Reaction score
Anyone tried out the Type 6 jeans this season? The measurements look super slim. Wondering if I should size up or not. TBB and Context have the waist on a 32 as 32" but Forward has it at 34". I've never had to size up on EG bottoms before. Are they really that skinny? They don't look painted on in the model shots I've seen them in but the measurements would lead me to believe they'd cut off my circulation, especially in the thighs.

SirMeowly

Reaction score

Anyone tried out the Type 6 jeans this season? The measurements look super slim. Wondering if I should size up or not. TBB and Context have the waist on a 32 as 32" but Forward has it at 34". I've never had to size up on EG bottoms before. Are they really that skinny? They don't look painted on in the model shots I've seen them in but the measurements would lead me to believe they'd cut off my circulation, especially in the thighs.

Yeah, I got a pair and they're quite slim. Easily the skinniest EG pants I have. I took a size 32, even though with basically everything else I'm a 30. Had to do the same with cinch shorts this season.

HelloFello

Reaction score
Anyone tried/bought the M51 type parka from this season? Normally a medium in EG but the measurements from both Gentry and TBB both suggests that it's meant to be worn with many layers underneath. Thinking about sizing down to small.

El QUaG

Reaction score

Anyone tried/bought the M51 type parka from this season? Normally a medium in EG but the measurements from both Gentry and TBB both suggests that it's meant to be worn with many layers underneath. Thinking about sizing down to small.

I have been wondering the same. I am a TTS medium in all EG jackets and have never needed to size down!

The fishtail parka is meant to be an oversized piece I think. As below, despite the pose failing to demonstrate sleeve length.

My primary concern with sizing down relates to the shortened arm length which is undesirable for my dimensions (tall and lean at 6' tall), but staying TTS may equate to a jacket that is far too wide with excess material everywhere!

Any feedback from those who have tried this piece on would be appreciated.

jajordan378

Reaction score

I have been wondering the same. I am a TTS medium in all EG jackets and have never needed to size down!

The fishtail parka is meant to be an oversized piece I think. As below, despite the pose failing to demonstrate sleeve length.

My primary concern with sizing down relates to the shortened arm length which is undesirable for my dimensions (tall and lean at 6' tall), but staying TTS may equate to a jacket that is far too wide with excess material everywhere!

Any feedback from those who have tried this piece on would be appreciated.

Also was wondering. Love the look but it seems that it is really baggy.

Also does anyone know what denim the model is wearing?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're the Our Legacy 70's wash....sorry I couldn't resist.

Bit the bullet and ordered the linen shop coat. I'm not going to lie, I wanna be like Mike. In all seriousness, I'm pretty excited at how versatile I believe the jacket will wind up being. Hopefully, it's pretty airy as Cleveland summers are pretty hot and muggy.

agvs

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a pair and they're quite slim. Easily the skinniest EG pants I have. I took a size 32, even though with basically everything else I'm a 30. Had to do the same with cinch shorts this season.

Great, thanks. Yeah all signs lead me to believe sizing up is best. A bit concerned the waist would be way too big on me though. The legs of a 34 seem perfect but with a 12" rise a 34" waist would be huge on me. Maybe they're just not a good cut for me.

Rossmc

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone know anywhere online that sells the EG x Ippudo jacket? And if not, whether ippudo still sell it in their NYC location?

g2x222

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone know anywhere online that sells the EG x Ippudo jacket? And if not, whether ippudo still sell it in their NYC location?

I think you can only buy it in store. I didn't really inquire about specifics, but they had the jacket hanging up (implying that it was for sale) behind the host's table when I visited Ippudo this past weekend

omgimacarrot

Reaction score
I think they're the Our Legacy 70's wash....sorry I couldn't resist.

Bit the bullet and ordered the linen shop coat. I'm not going to lie, I wanna be like Mike. In all seriousness, I'm pretty excited at how versatile I believe the jacket will wind up being. Hopefully, it's pretty airy as Cleveland summers are pretty hot and muggy.
I got it. I got ragged on by all my coworkers (and mom who claimed I looked like Don Johnson) and almost returned it. With some advice, and a couple times wearing it, it is definitely growing on me. I'm in Cleveland too and its pretty light, but I'll be taking it off when it gets 90+ with 100% humidity.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52