• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS15

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's never too early to begin thinking of balmy days in exotic places with intoxicating vistas while wearing our favorite attire to complete the day. So, what better time than when the temps dip below freezing—my effort today is to begin another chat about Engineered Garments.

For me, the collection for SS 15 conjured ideas of streetwear derived from the uniforms of the day and an era of fashion that I was pleased to relive. In the 80's there were a few brands that eluded to the fashion of the Colonial British, one was British Khaki, a brand conceived by Robert Lighton; along with Ruff Hewn and Willis and Gieger; all notable brands. These brands were further enhance in popularity due to two box office hits that spurned fashion: Chariots of Fire and Out of Africa.

I'm excited about this collection as I'm sure you know Daiki always is. When he and I first met in the late 80's when he was a buyer for Nepenthes, it was to bring a few of these brands to Japan.

In years past, images of the future collection were never available prior to the season but today there are lookbooks everywhere. So, I assembled some of the inspirations and I know there will be more to come. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Keep us posted if we can put in pre-orders for stuff, so that I can order it in my oversized hard to fit sizes.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sweet! Keep us posted if we can put in pre-orders for stuff, so that I can order it in my oversized hard to fit sizes.

was just going to ask if gary will be offering pre orders.

In the past, we always waited for EG to put up their lookbook but with all the leaks and me posting many of the images, I'm perplexed as to when we'll put up our selections. I do not want keep all of you in to much suspense but will probably wait for a little while longer. Yes, we will take preorders of anything you see that might need to be your rotation but please be advised that the past few seasons, EG has been very lean on having an overstock position for us to pull from, so if you see it buy it.

Gary

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah once the full lookbook is out i'll be in touch. hoping for a navy tropical wool andover and some awesome shirting patterns (that brown paisley has my attention...)

Last edited:

atlr

Reaction score
Oh yes!

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2015 TRAVEL & SAFARI film by Manabu GAKU Inada.
Couldn't figure out how to embed this clip so:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eluther

Reaction score
Excited to be able to wear more than one layer occasionally in the summer.

The batik, paisley, and large-scale floral prints are all A+.

ksecasiup

Reaction score
i like it ,Keep us posted if we can put in pre-orders for stuff, so that I can order it in my oversized hard to fit sizes.
29.gif

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet! subbed.

I'm definitely getting those green cropped fatigues in the vid. Also that awesome navy jacket with many buttons. Maybe the floral shorts. Floral bomber very tempting. Shirting looks less interesting though.

catchh

Reaction score
According to Nepenthes Japan they will be doing a preview event of SS15 stock starting today. So they should be posting images most likely sometime soon.

It says early January for availability.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads