• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 17

evolsirhc

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone mentioned earlier that the cinch pant was being phased out for FW17; I'm guessing this is the replacement - looks like a slightly straighter cut.

This makes me so glad I held out on getting an Andover/Cinch-pant combo for a suit.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Great Footwear Collaborations :cool2:

Plus I always ask myself: why does the FWK Collections get so little reception? (or is it just me?)

Agreed on both statements. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between the Timbs and Danners. The Gola sneakers look cool too, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Plus I always ask myself: why does the FWK Collections get so little reception? (or is it just me?)

There's a lot of love for FWK in Japan, and that is reflected by the number of stockists there.

Outside of Japan, there are actually a good number of stockists worldwide.

My girlfriend has a number of pieces (I do all the scouring across the Internet for her so I've seen a lot of it) and she will only buy on discount.

A lot of it ends up at discount. I feel the brand is not as well known and/or popular amongst females (compared with mainline) and cost is a factor.

The sizing leans towards petite body types - Japanese sizing supports this. Girlfriend likes it because it's ethical (Made in USA). A few of the pieces are not very flattering to curvy female bodies, and this is pretty obvious with fit pics posted at some of the stores online.

With the recent sales, Lagarconne had the deepest discounts (a lot of it sold out in fact), and conversely, Black & Blue in Minnesota only just posted their SS17 range last week or so. Portland Dry Goods has a fantastic range, as well as Envoy of Belfast and Epitome of Edinburgh in the UK.

Beedub

Reaction score
Agreed on both statements. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between the Timbs and Danners. The Gola sneakers look cool too, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand.

Timberlands are the ones for me, I like the additional layer of suede on the upper (don't know the technical term for it) and hopefully they'll be quite versatile in casual outfits.

Beedub

Reaction score
Timberlands are the ones for me, I like the additional layer of suede on the upper (don't know the technical term for it) and hopefully they'll be quite versatile in casual outfits.

Is it called a wingtip?

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
FW 17 looks very uninspiring , I bought little from ss , and am trying to source older pieces via eBay as very little recent items excite me , especially the pricing ..

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Real splash of colour, very welcoming ..
Makes a change from grey, black, olive, charcoal ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics