• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 11

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
FlWl0.jpg

I think this guy wears the more eccentric EG stuff pretty well. This was shot at Pitti - does anyone recognize him or know if he works for EG or Nepenthes?

Danzig

Reaction score
Hi!

Wonder if anyone has any opinion on the Bedford jacket in bull denim?
Havent heard much about it really..

S-NMBR

Reaction score
Hi!

Hi, I got the charcoal bull denim jacket, exactly the one you will see in the fig. 13

http://www.engineeredgarments.com/fw11_collection.html

I've bought at Steven Alan end of november while I was in NY.

The jacket is well made, the fabric is rigid and authentic. I love because the "weave" is little bit raw, very rugged.
Fit, as usual with EG, must by try.

I have also the corduroy Bedford, and even if both are XL size, the sleeve on the Bull Denim one are about 1,5 inch more longer than the corduroy one, and the chest is little bit slimmer than the corduroy one.

Both are wearable, and fit me well, and I assure you that is not so easy to fit me.... But consider that I like those kind of "irregular" fit that si typical of EG.

What I really like is that, even if I don't appreciate too much the shades of black, cause this color is too much "fashion" for me, this shade of charcoal color combined with Bedford style remind me a kind of artisan/craftsman look that I really like.

My favorite combination is with a chambray miner shirt, and the upland vest in reverse sateen military green.

Hope this help!

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlWl0.jpg
I think this guy wears the more eccentric EG stuff pretty well. This was shot at Pitti - does anyone recognize him or know if he works for EG or Nepenthes?

Nice that there's a bunch of patterns there, but wish he mixed it up with stuff from other years, instead of all FW11. Looks a lot like this with the polka dot pants:

a33191d1.jpg

King Leer

Reaction score

Hi!

I also got it, but returned it as it was a bit oversized and not the way I envisioned it. It's a great piece though!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ its my favorite from this season.. one of the few jackets that fits me perfect

Danzig

Reaction score
OK tanks for the info everyone!

About the fit, what size would you recommend?

Im 5.8 feet and weigh 165 Ibs.

Compared to the other jackets which some of them is in wool etc.

This cant be as warm, since this one is in denim could you say its as warm as

a normal jeans jacket?

S-NMBR

Reaction score
About the size, really, it depends... I'm 1,80 cm. ad 91 kg. so I wear XL because I'm a fan of easy, comfortable and little bit loose fit.... and I find well with this size, but as I have tell few times, the EG jacket have different fitting when the fabrics is changing... the same Bedford I have also in corduroy and it fit a bit different from the bull denim fabric, in the Bull denim Bedford I must turn up the sleeves about 5 cm. in the Bedford I like the sleeve lenght.

Few quick pic:

The corduroy

I really think that is impossible to decide the perfect size without try, or if you have not try almost one time the same style.

Concerning the fabrics, I wear normally the Bull denim jacket with a vest (wool or sateen) and a shirt... I never feel cold.
Is a heavy weight fabric and give a good feeling on the body... I wonder this jacket will be good also in spring... to use light a substitution of a coat, since there is enough pocket to store everything you need.

Hope this help!

ninja07

Reaction score
agree with timpoblete on the mixing of different pieces.

just my opinion, but I'm just not a fan of anything velvet or polka dotted this season.

Speaking of the collection, in Fig 9. I just realised the model is wearing Bean boots or something alike...any thoughts on that for footwear? complementary to the EG look?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics