• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think another challenge is that they're a cold weather brand only for me. never been plussed by the spring collections but i want to wear wool and tweed as soon as the temperature goes below 55

illiterate

Reaction score
i think another challenge is that they're a cold weather brand only for me. never been plussed by the spring collections but i want to wear wool and tweed as soon as the temperature goes below 55
I agree. It's definitely a cold weather brand for me too. Which is perfect considering it's practically winter up here for 7-8 months of the year. SS21 has some neat pieces though so I'm looking forward to that.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish the EG/Nephenthes crew the best as I've met many of them over the years.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In London a lot work and pleasure, I see it less and less now ..
so I beg to differ ..
only because I got a good deal I took the FA cords this season, they are lovely I won’t deny that, shirts I’ll pass as they are way too long, I always check what Daiki releasing and as a work wear fan it does tick boxes ..
that said other brands I’m leaning towards more ??

Is the good deal on the cord FAs still available somewhere? ?

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Try Kafka

Beedub

Reaction score
Does the harness have any practical uses or is it a purely decorative item? It seems to me that it serves no real purpose (unless I’m missing something?), which feels slightly at odds with EG products in general. Does it attach to jackets or coats? Are you meant to attach things to it? What’s it for?!?!

illiterate

Reaction score
Seems purely decorative from what I've seen although not many stores have stocked or styled it.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary has a handful of pieces up on the Drinkwater’s Cambridge online shop. He tends to have pieces from past seasons available, so always worth emailing to check.

FYI, picked up the HBT Fatigue pants. Definitely recommend getting anything in HBT this season. Fabric’s ??

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Anybody know if they’re doing Emerson pants for fall/winter? I picked up a SS20 pair and I’m really in to the wide but sharp/tailored look.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the blue/red plaid flannel for the season and by God is it huge! Absolutely love the fabric though. It's insanely soft and drapes really nicely.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Received the blue/red plaid flannel for the season and by God is it huge! Absolutely love the fabric though. It's insanely soft and drapes really nicely.

Note for those who haven’t been able to size down before. It seems like they’ve finally adjusted the sleeve length so that, for example, the XS has a longer sleeve. Now a S fits me oversized but an XS also works for a regular cut without having to have T-Rex arms.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Anybody know if they’re doing Emerson pants for fall/winter? I picked up a SS20 pair and I’m really in to the wide but sharp/tailored look.

I've got the navy chalk stripe ones stuck somewhere over the atlantic at the moment but tried the brown gun club ones on at the weekend and they fit a little differently to the ones from the summer. Similar top block, the SS20 ones have a little taper but the new ones are a very full straight leg. A little bit longer in length as well. The have ties at the bottom so you can change the shape of them a little as well and make them look like balloon pants like @Chunsak mentioned.

blackcheer

Reaction score
I have a bnwt fw20 indigo cotton cone chambray work shirt in size medium for sale or trade if anyone’s interested

One of the nicest variation of this material I’ve seen in years

Only selling because of an order mixup due to the pandemic
6A3DF5ED-599A-4711-B207-26C8448D4BCE.jpeg
A548D2FC-0A59-44E8-8C39-58B730394C20.jpeg

(Cross post with the sell/trade thread)

nyjoker

Reaction score
I've got the navy chalk stripe ones stuck somewhere over the atlantic at the moment but tried the brown gun club ones on at the weekend and they fit a little differently to the ones from the summer. Similar top block, the SS20 ones have a little taper but the new ones are a very full straight leg. A little bit longer in length as well. The have ties at the bottom so you can change the shape of them a little as well and make them look like balloon pants like @Chunsak mentioned.
where did you try on the brown gun club emerson? so far I've only seen that one stocked at some Korean/Japanese retailers. I have the brown gunclub loiter and like to get the emerson to pair with it, don't like the Andover, and I don't think they did a Carlyle pants this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads