Emporio armani

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Renwick, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Renwick

Renwick Senior member

I noticed a few Emporio Armani Suits on yoox in the $300 - $400 price range. They look pretty good to me, but what is the quality like. Is it as bad as the Mani line? Why are the suits so cheap?

2. davei

davei Senior member

Not as bad as Mani, not as good as Collezioni, which isn't amazing either. A little less than BOSS Hugo Boss quality. At that price level you're bound to see fused fronts and seams.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

They're about on par with the Zegna Soft line.

4. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

Question. Emporio is made by Vestimenta, Collezioni by Gruppo. People say the Collezioni stuff is inferior to Classico/Black Label, largely because the former is designed and made by Gruppo, wheras the latter is designed by Armani himself and made by Vestimenta, which I presume is a higher quality factory.

Would this logic then carry over to Emporio, which is also designed by Armani and made by Vestimenta? I know it's youth-oriented, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

5. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

I've never heard that Vestimenta manufactures Emporio Armani garments. To the best of my knowledge, Vestimenta manufactures strictly Armani Black Label / Classico.