• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eldrick misses Open cut

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a Jack Nicklaus-tying 39 consecutive majors cuts made, Tiger shoots two straight +6 rounds and will not play on the weekend at Winged Foot.

http://www.usopen.com/news/fridaywoods.html

Long lay-off? Father's death? Or just two of those days.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I gotta believe it's primarily because of his father's passing. He is human, after all.

The sinking sound you hear is the weekend television ratings for the Open.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would think the NBC brass are on their knees praying that Leftie put together a couple low rounds. Failing that, the peacock network has a couple pretty stinky sports events this weekend: Woods-less US Open AND the Stanley Cup finals (and all 700,000 viewers!).

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TW is leading a more well rounded life these days with his marriage (children coming?), foundation and outside business interests. His focus and play is bound to suffer.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously, he really would have wanted to hoist that trophy on this particular Father's Day. Perhaps he wanted it too much. Ah well, life is no fairy tale. He'll be back.

Lefty just bugs the $#!+ outta me, though -- if he makes it 3 in a row, I'll gag.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
It's a bro!

My family calls him Mickletits

You can't help but wonder what he would be like if he had Eldrick's fitness regimen.

I don't know why we're using 'Eldrick' all of a sudden, but somehow, now that he's over 30, it somehow seems appropriate to surrender the wicked-cool prodigy moniker.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It also makes it quite weird to think of Eldrick and whats-her-name doing the horizontal mombo. Do Eldricks even, you know, do it?

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
He needs a manssiere

Or wear stripes, or put a parrot on his shoulder, or somethin'

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe that he officially changed his name to Tiger.

Rumor has it that Charles Barkley used to boink Amy Mickelson when she was a Suns cheerleader.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I believe that he officially changed his name to Tiger.

Rumor has it that Charles Barkley used to boink Amy Mickelson when she was a Suns cheerleader.

This is a possible explination for the missed fairway tee shots during the final round, thus denying the U.S. Open trophy to Phil.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, what's with all the Mickleson hate here on the Forum?

-Jeff

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%