• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on size 38/48L tailoring @JIMB @jtj48 and @NickPollica. It's a shame but you're certainly not the only label that doesn't make this size!

Its not that we don't offer it, its more that stores aren't interested in buying it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We offer all sizes during our pre-orders (2x a year). We've had orders for short and long in many different sizes over the seasons.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This sweater is awesome

Agreed! Keeping me toasty today up in the mountains.

Last edited:

Vice

Reaction score
Anybody got any pics of themselves wearing the Sam trousers from NMWA? Curious to see how they look vs the Sal. In particular if it's a photo where the shirt is tucked as to see how they sit on the waist, as well as how close they fit to the legs across the front.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to a book tour event for David Coggins' book Men and Style, organized by Article menswear and hosted by the Mercantile Library in Cincinnati.

He was a super nice guy. He specifically told me he thought I was well dressed. This brown Lorenzo jacket gets the most compliments of anything I own and the most social media "likes" and comments.

He was wearing his Drakes collection stuff. Knit tie, OCBD and green tweed jacket with dark green chinos and chelseas.

JohnnyLudlow

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I'm new to this forum, first post. Not always fan of atmosphere of fashion forums, but styleforum and especially this classic menswear section seems to be very friendly and civilized place, so decided to join. I've really been into Eidos lately. Some time ago bought Augusto jacket from Mr. Porter and completely love it. I'm most of the time 48 and more slim than regular. Bought size 50 Augusto (because they didn't have 48 and Mr. P advised that ones with broad shoulders can size up) and it fits perfectly, expect that the sleeves were a tad long.

I found this beautiful coat in huge discount (sorry, can't find a better link for this product): http://www.lanecrawford.com/product/eidos/-shay-cotton-hopsack-coat/_/EKA326/product.lc

It's size 50. Would it be too large for me? My chest is 99 cm and as mentioned, Augusto size 50 is good for me. This coat seems to be rather slim and also short for a car coat. Living in Finland, I would often have something rather thick underneath it in transitional seasons.

So, essentially I am hoping you could enable me to go for it.

Vice

Reaction score
In addition to my query about the Sam trousers a few posts ago (which please, can someone post a picture of them wearing a pair with a tucked shirt if you can)

Anyone own this shirt and can speak to fit? From what I read on Unionmade's website the measurement of the Large would fit me well as someone who is a 16.5/35-36.

It says its a classic fit rather than slim which is fine. If it's a tad big I can always have it tapered a bit.
Also, how is the cuff opening on this shirt? (thought I typically always wear my shirts uncuffed these days truth be told.) Hoping it's not tight in that area.

Last edited:

Vice

Reaction score
So I went to a book tour event for David Coggins' book Men and Style, organized by Article menswear and hosted by the Mercantile Library in Cincinnati.

He was a super nice guy. He specifically told me he thought I was well dressed. This brown Lorenzo jacket gets the most compliments of anything I own and the most social media "likes" and comments.

He was wearing his Drakes collection stuff. Knit tie, OCBD and green tweed jacket with dark green chinos and chelseas.

Looking good as always Moss. Yeah that Lorenzo is something else man. Though it's retired now, the lapels on those are still heavenly.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

In addition to my query about the Sam trousers a few posts ago (which please, can someone post a picture of them wearing a pair with a tucked shirt if you can) Anyone own this shirt and can speak to fit? From what I read on Unionmade's website the measurement of the Large would fit me well as someone who is a 16.5/35-36. It says its a classic fit rather than slim which is fine. If it's a tad big I can always have it tapered a bit. Also, how is the cuff opening on this shirt? (thought I typically always wear my shirts uncuffed these days truth be told.) Hoping it's not tight in that area.
Shirts we cut large and on the shorter side this fall. We've advised everyone to size down at least one if not two sizes from their normal size. Thankfully, this issue has been resolved and the shirt fit should be really good for spring.

Vice

Reaction score
Shirts we cut large and on the shorter side this fall. We've advised everyone to size down at least one if not two sizes from their normal size. Thankfully, this issue has been resolved and the shirt fit should be really good for spring.

That's good news.

Now, how about those "Sam" trousers. Anyone? photos? Fitting recommendation. Specially compared to the Sal trousers (From the rise and leg opening)

asewonder

Reaction score
That's good news.

Now, how about those "Sam" trousers. Anyone? photos? Fitting recommendation. Specially compared to the Sal trousers (From the rise and leg opening)

I have the Sal and Sam trousers from NMWA in the same size. Sam are just slightly higher in the rise, larger in the waist (I had to have them taken in), and with a smaller leg opening. I think they are the perfect casual version of the Sal, and the only thing I would change is consistency in the waist sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads