• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

gradu8ed

Reaction score
Would anyone care to elaborate for those of us humble outsiders that don't grok the patterned symbol lingua that has surfaced? Or, maybe it's just me and I missed the memo . . .

cbusguy

Reaction score
8622557_fpx.tif

Did anyone buy this jacket? Any pictures?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dropped by the house for lunch, and my very first Eidos piece had arrived. I'm not a betting man (not entirely true), but I'd wager that it won't be my last.

why are
teh pocketflaps
pattern
matched
so badly
?
seconds
?

I got it from Stanley Korshak, but I don't believe there are any more available there. As for the quality of the item (It's the Lupo shirt jacket btw), I'm more than satisfied with it. Some of what you're seeing may be the way that I laid the item on my bed. Even still, I don't need everything about the pattern to be entirely congruous for me to appreciate it, so I'm quite pleased with the purchase.

At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, I've got to echo T4Phage's comments.

Those mis-matched pocket flaps look really jarring to me.

The most surprising thing about them is that they're both different - the pocket flap on the left-hand-side of the picture looks as though there was some, albeit unsuccessful, effort made to pattern-match the checked pattern on the pocket flap with the rest of the jacket. Having been unsuccessful there, it then appears that the person making the jacket just thought, "Ah, stuff it" and stitched on the other pocket flap without any attempt to pattern match at all, either with the other flap or with the front of the jacket. It looks like a bit of a mess, to be frank.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

http://cdn.styleforum.net/e/e2/200x400px-LL-e2a73854_IMG_0698.jpeg

I didn't buy it, but the jacket is incredible. It was a tad long for me unfortunately - I wish I could have it MTO in a short size. 
Stanley Korshak have more of their Eidos collection online, but there's a t-shirt that costs $250 :(

Its a short sleeved sweater (fully fashioned, not cut and sew) knit from loro piana linen yarns. I sampled them long sleeve but, oddly, many of the retailers wanted to buy them short sleeved.

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Its a short sleeved sweater (fully fashioned, not cut and sew) knit from loro piana linen yarns. I sampled them long sleeve but, oddly, many of the retailers wanted to buy them short sleeved.

Thanks for the clarification Antonio, your description certainly improves the value proposition :) I wish they did buy them in long sleeve.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Dropped by the house for lunch, and my very first Eidos piece had arrived. I'm not a betting man (not entirely true), but I'd wager that it won't be my last.
why are teh pocketflaps pattern matched so badly ? seconds ?
I got it from Stanley Korshak, but I don't believe there are any more available there. As for the quality of the item (It's the Lupo shirt jacket btw), I'm more than satisfied with it. Some of what you're seeing may be the way that I laid the item on my bed. Even still, I don't need everything about the pattern to be entirely congruous for me to appreciate it, so I'm quite pleased with the purchase.
At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, I've got to echo T4Phage's comments. Those mis-matched pocket flaps look really jarring to me. The most surprising thing about them is that they're both different - the pocket flap on the left-hand-side of the picture looks as though there was some, albeit unsuccessful, effort made to pattern-match the checked pattern on the pocket flap with the rest of the jacket. Having been unsuccessful there, it then appears that the person making the jacket just thought, "Ah, stuff it" and stitched on the other pocket flap without any attempt to pattern match at all, either with the other flap or with the front of the jacket. It looks like a bit of a mess, to be frank.
I also have that shacket purchased from Stanley Korshak. I can see where you guys are coming from, thinking that it is a poor job of pattern matching (mine is exactly the same way as the one pictured above), but I honestly haven't noticed that until T4Phage pointed it out in this thread. I'm thinking that the pocket flaps are meant to stand out from the rest of the shirt, but I guess only Antonio can confirm that. In any case, even if those are indeed seconds, that's pretty much the price we paid to get them and I am extremely happy with mine, mismatched pocket flap and all.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone know the difference between the shirt fits Aldo vs Marcus?
That looks great btw :)

The names refer to collars, not fits!

Aldo is the name of our buttondown collar (it was father's nickname in college and the collar itself is based on one of his original 1963 brooks brothers oxfords), marcus is the name of our spread collar.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
I actually really like the non-pattern matching on the shirt jacket. If the pattern on the pockets matched perfectly it would just look like a regular shirt, the mismatch clearly makes it look more like it's intended to be worn as a jacket.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also have that shacket purchased from Stanley Korshak. I can see where you guys are coming from, thinking that it is a poor job of pattern matching (mine is exactly the same way as the one pictured above), but I honestly haven't noticed that until T4Phage pointed it out in this thread. I'm thinking that the pocket flaps are meant to stand out from the rest of the shirt, but I guess only Antonio can confirm that. In any case, even if those are indeed seconds, that's pretty much the price we paid to get them and I am extremely happy with mine, mismatched pocket flap and all.
I don't really see why the pocket flaps are an issue. It is a casual piece and the flaps have been bias cut. You see the same thing with pockets on many plaid flannel shirts. Personally, I like it better as it makes for some visual interest and accentuates the pockets more. Liking it or not is personal taste, but it is not like this is some bizarre anomaly that has never been done before, nor does it look out of place with this type of garment.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't really see why the pocket flaps are an issue. It is a casual piece and the flaps have been bias cut. You see the same thing with pockets on many plaid flannel shirts. Personally, I like it better as it makes for some visual interest and accentuates the pockets more. Liking it or not is personal taste, but it is not like this is some bizarre anomaly that has never been done before, nor does it look out of place with this type of garment.

I think people's problem is that one pocket has been (almost) patterned matched, while the other is not. Either match both pockets or don't match any. Half/half just looks a bit sloppy.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think people's problem is that one pocket has been (almost) patterned matched, while the other is not. Either match both pockets or don't match any. Half/half just looks a bit sloppy.

This, exactly. Though I can see where some people would appreciate (maybe even prefer) them unmatched as "quirky", but it's something that would bother me and be a deal-killer.

I suspect this is one of those right/left brain-centric indicators...

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This, exactly. Though I can see where some people would appreciate (maybe even prefer) them unmatched as "quirky", but it's something that would bother me and be a deal-killer.

I suspect this is one of those right/left brain-centric indicators...
I see what you mean. Yeah, I can understand where that would be an issue for some.

thecool85

Reaction score

It doesn't appear to be a defect as you can see here that Antonio's has the same alignment. To my mind, this is very much a casual piece, so I'm not at all bothered by what is, to me, a fun, "quirky" detail. If it was on a more formal piece of clothing, I'd probably think differently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads