1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. gradu8ed

gradu8ed Member

Would anyone care to elaborate for those of us humble outsiders that don't grok the patterned symbol lingua that has surfaced? Or, maybe it's just me and I missed the memo . . .

2. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior Member

[​IMG]

Did anyone buy this jacket? Any pictures?

3. charliechan

charliechan Senior Member

http://cdn.styleforum.net/e/e2/200x400px-LL-e2a73854_IMG_0698.jpeg

I didn't buy it, but the jacket is incredible. It was a tad long for me unfortunately - I wish I could have it MTO in a short size.
    Stanley Korshak have more of their Eidos collection online, but there's a t-shirt that costs $250 :(

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Distinguished Member

At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, I've got to echo T4Phage's comments.

Those mis-matched pocket flaps look really jarring to me.

The most surprising thing about them is that they're both different - the pocket flap on the left-hand-side of the picture looks as though there was some, albeit unsuccessful, effort made to pattern-match the checked pattern on the pocket flap with the rest of the jacket. Having been unsuccessful there, it then appears that the person making the jacket just thought, "Ah, stuff it" and stitched on the other pocket flap without any attempt to pattern match at all, either with the other flap or with the front of the jacket. It looks like a bit of a mess, to be frank.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

5. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

Its a short sleeved sweater (fully fashioned, not cut and sew) knit from loro piana linen yarns. I sampled them long sleeve but, oddly, many of the retailers wanted to buy them short sleeved.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

6. charliechan

Thanks for the clarification Antonio, your description certainly improves the value proposition :) I wish they did buy them in long sleeve.

7. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

I also have that shacket purchased from Stanley Korshak. I can see where you guys are coming from, thinking that it is a poor job of pattern matching (mine is exactly the same way as the one pictured above), but I honestly haven't noticed that until T4Phage pointed it out in this thread. I'm thinking that the pocket flaps are meant to stand out from the rest of the shirt, but I guess only Antonio can confirm that. In any case, even if those are indeed seconds, that's pretty much the price we paid to get them and I am extremely happy with mine, mismatched pocket flap and all.

8. charliechan

Does anyone know the difference between the shirt fits Aldo vs Marcus?
    That looks great btw :)

9. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

The names refer to collars, not fits!

Aldo is the name of our buttondown collar (it was father's nickname in college and the collar itself is based on one of his original 1963 brooks brothers oxfords), marcus is the name of our spread collar.

10. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior Member

I actually really like the non-pattern matching on the shirt jacket. If the pattern on the pockets matched perfectly it would just look like a regular shirt, the mismatch clearly makes it look more like it's intended to be worn as a jacket.

11. FLW

FLW Senior Member

I don't really see why the pocket flaps are an issue. It is a casual piece and the flaps have been bias cut. You see the same thing with pockets on many plaid flannel shirts. Personally, I like it better as it makes for some visual interest and accentuates the pockets more. Liking it or not is personal taste, but it is not like this is some bizarre anomaly that has never been done before, nor does it look out of place with this type of garment.

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

I think people's problem is that one pocket has been (almost) patterned matched, while the other is not. Either match both pockets or don't match any. Half/half just looks a bit sloppy.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

13. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

This, exactly. Though I can see where some people would appreciate (maybe even prefer) them unmatched as "quirky", but it's something that would bother me and be a deal-killer.

I suspect this is one of those right/left brain-centric indicators...

14. FLW

FLW Senior Member

I see what you mean. Yeah, I can understand where that would be an issue for some.

15. thecool85

thecool85 Senior Member

[​IMG]

It doesn't appear to be a defect as you can see here that Antonio's has the same alignment. To my mind, this is very much a casual piece, so I'm not at all bothered by what is, to me, a fun, "quirky" detail. If it was on a more formal piece of clothing, I'd probably think differently.