• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Marcus will discount more than the already generous 50%? I'm not a cheapskate, but have my eye on something that I just can't justify at the current price but if it might go lower, maybe I should hold off on some other things...
:hide:

Hahaha, thanks for asking the question that most of us were thinking... :)

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting as they are the best selling styles after the polo by far with little to no fit complaints. Couple that with the fact customers call this pant full and I am completely lost:
Morgan isn't really a dress pant though, right? If that's what he meant. Regardless, I love the Morgan. Got the green/gray that Barney's had last year, then the navy. Now I have a feeling the khaki will end up in my closet too, and I don't even like khaki pants. Nice rise, great texture. Not too slim (definitely not full either). I'd recommend.

This year's style fits TTS, yeah?

slimster

Reaction score
Grabbed the cream wool sweater in M from Mr P today, seems someone returned it.

Tried a friend’s belted cardigan, it was so heavy, soft and cosy I just had to get a knit.

Last edited:

Cobalto

Reaction score
I purchased the Eidos Camel Corduroy Sal Trousers and the Eidos Light Grey Light Weight Flannel Sal Trousers, both in size 48, and they are unfortunately too big. PM me if you are interested in either.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
534A366E-3345-42FC-B41E-7B1C3B07D395.jpeg Does anyone with more experience in current ragosta sizing think a 54 would fit?

This is a as 50

Many thanks

letsgofire

Reaction score
I took my regular size (M) on the cashmere/cotton knit. I would size up cautiously. The vertical lines of the ribbed effect might be extra pronounced if you took a larger size (and therefore would extend down farther than your normal size). If you can return it, then by all means give it a try.

tobehknese

Reaction score
I took my regular size (M) on the cashmere/cotton knit. I would size up cautiously. The vertical lines of the ribbed effect might be extra pronounced if you took a larger size (and therefore would extend down farther than your normal size). If you can return it, then by all means give it a try.
Can someone do a fit pic of the cotton cash? Can’t justify to pay that much for a Sweater, being a loro Blend and all that... the lookbook shows both the grey and black look very subtle from a far.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am 5'9 150lbs and tried on a size medium in the cashmere-cotton blend black-indigo knit. I swore the medium would work since I have two older season Eidos knit in medium that fit just right (enough stretch in the body, not too short or too long, sleeves feel great OTR).

The cashmere-cotton blend was very tight in the arms and was particularly short in the body. I noticed these two things right away. I personally would definitely size up to a large...even an x-large. I do not know how you guys plan on wearing it but to me it is a super casual knit sweater and sizing up one or two is not going to hurt you.

The weave does give off the impression it will stretch though. I sort of reminds me of seed stitching, open weave. But if my memory serves me right, the knit is quite tightly woven.

For further reference I take a size 38 in Eidos jackets (NMWA x Eidos collab, Ciro, and Augusto).

I hope this post helps with sizing questions but really I wish CM dudes would not worry too much about fit if it isn't suiting related.

BTW, received the white corduroy Sal pants. AWESOME! Fortunately it does not bunch up around the knees like Oscar's fit (sorry du!) AND the Lupos made in America is AWESOME!! I picked up two browns thanks to Marcus and I'd only let one go if you have a navy for trade from this season (I'd consider the indigo and light brown in medium too). Actually wore an earlier iteration made in Italy Lupos and 'wow!' what a world of difference. (I did pickup the ones from Bloomingdales currently online and crossing my fingers they just put up their FW17 stock...)

Very happy with @Malmborg services and excellent stuff @NickPollica

forsan

Reaction score
Was able to snag the black/indigo cashmere-cotton from Barney's. Went TTS with a size S. I figured if anything it would stretch overtime, but will report back on fit.

For reference I've taken a 38/48 or S in nearly all my Eidos pieces (tailored clothing, outerwear including Matera, t-shirt, henley, etc.) except for the Allsop parka. Went one size up to 50 in that for a comfortable roomier fit which I thought worked better on me given the style (it was also the only size left, but it worked out, so...).

OscarO

Reaction score
Size up on the cashmere/cotton knit!

Also, @OscarO You appear to be quite slim dude to begin with. Curious how the size 48 will fit me. The Sal and Lorenzo in other fabrics fit great in 48. Is the corduroy suppose to be thicker, hence, more slimming? Going to be sort of bummed out if the white corduroy do not fit.
I’m fairly slim, but with quite big thighs. I have 50 in my other eidos trousers which fit me fine.
Not sure if the cord is supposed to be thicker, but I wouldn’t think so. Pm me if you are interested, now I’m just hoping for a second restock with some size 50 cords:rolleyes2:

OscarO

Reaction score
I find the fit of most Eidos dress pants to be quite odd - waists are about standard for the tagged size, but the legs are very slim
I have been happy with the fit of my other Eidos trousers and don't find them too slim, though I wouldn't mind them being more full, I don't think it's necessary.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the black/ indigo cashmere-cotton knit. I think it's OK TTS, but if I had to choose again, I'd probably go up a size.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone do a fit pic of the cotton cash? Can’t justify to pay that much for a Sweater, being a loro Blend and all that... the lookbook shows both the grey and black look very subtle from a far.

Just for reference - this sweater is made with the same yarn with zero difference in make quality.

D76F4ACD-19C1-4515-A0EE-EAD2EDC242EC.jpeg

I didn’t add the cotton to make it less expensive - it was an aesthetic choice because I wanted the sweater to take on the wearer’s unique characteristics as it ages. That said, the cotton doesn’t have a ton of give out the box (though it will eventually stretch out like jeans) so sizing up one is not a bad idea if you are looking for something more relaxed.

Last edited:

ErikJN

Reaction score
Want to echo the sentiment on the New York Blues lupos. Ordered one in brown from MM; upon receiving it I instantly ordered the white, navy and indigo as well. Shame the taupe was sold out or I’d have the entire palette.

Moving production was a great decision that resulted in a fantastic product and a worthy sunset for Eidos under Ciongoli management. Big ups @NickPollica!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Want to echo the sentiment on the New York Blues lupos. Ordered one in brown from MM; upon receiving it I instantly ordered the white, navy and indigo as well. Shame the taupe was sold out or I’d have the entire palette.

Moving production was a great decision that resulted in a fantastic product and a worthy sunset for Eidos under Ciongoli management. Big ups @NickPollica!

Thank you. There is goodness on the horizon for both myself and Eidos. I am anxiously looking forward to seeing their upcoming collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads