• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

blindboygrunt

Reaction score
Would also be up to order through a proxy - looking for size s shirts and 36 field jackets and sport coats.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might have missed it, did anyone else get an update or hear back on the QC issues that were talking about by several posters a week or two back?

pi34

Reaction score
Yeah... Bloomingdale's has had some really good prices. If anyone goes, mind sharing a pic of the price list for EIDOS and ISAIA? Also, if you happen to see whether there is any stock of 40S/50C I'll love you!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I might have missed it, did anyone else get an update or hear back on the QC issues that were talking about by several posters a week or two back?

Simply put, I have been extremely unhappy with our sportpant manufacturer for the last three seasons. The product they have made has been inconsistent at best and I have been trying to change but its difficult to find someone in Italy that will produce washed and dyed casual pants with the complexity of detail I put into the garment. This has forced me to try and design around the problems ie: doing yarn dyed styles instead of garment dying, simplifying the internal waistband construction, removing snaps and buttons from pocket closures all together, etc. I am cautiously optimistic about this coming fall and believe we have finally solved the problem for spring (what we just showed in NY) as we will be finally switching manufacturers. I am also doing a small test with a facility in LA that I am really excited about and exploring denim in San Francisco. Will report back when I have more details.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sample sale was extremely disappointing. Then again, I am just becoming familiar with the Eidos brand, so not much of a loss this time around. It's about as non-New York of a sample sale you can get, open to the public, and from the street. That and there was some lanky dude with a southern twang, that I wanted to punch in the mouth 5 seconds after I asked him a question. How do these sales always manage to find representation that's been in New York for a week, but filled with lifetime of pretension. Anyway, just two sad mini racks of Eidos (like the first sport coat they ever made) and lots of Isaia on the upper floor. I might have picked up a pair of Eidos pants that were pretty cool, but not at $150 and something I can find on Yoox year round and decide at home if I like. $50.00 and I would have bought them. 

As someone noted above, the selection and sale at Bloomingdale's was far superior. Makes those two 48S suits I picked up for $700 a piece last week, look like a gem. Those on here, trust me, you're not missing out. Only thing that might have some value in this sale, was a large inventory of Isaia outerwear. I did even look at it though. 

This is amazing. I'll be sure to tell Grahame, the Isaia intern you said hi. I have not been to the sale since I'm in Italy working on the next collection but this is direct from Quinton, who set up: "We have two racks of suits. Two racks of sport coats. One rack of outerwear. One rack of cut n sewn. One rack of shirts. A handful of pants, extra shirts, and sweaters laid down.". Most of the things there are actual samples which means sizing tends to be 48R-52R. That said, I'm not suprised you didn't find too many things in 48S. One of the benefits of a sale like this though is the ability to find something you may have liked from the campaign that didn't go into production. Finally, it should be noted that the only Eidos that has been on yoox predates me and I don't see that changing any time soon.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You do know that he doesn't need to even have a sale? He has clothes on a discount and you complain it's not a bigger one?

Also not sure why the interns accent would bother you that you want to 'punch him in the face'.

Last edited:

jtj48

Reaction score

You do know that he doesn't need to even have a sale? He has clothes on a discount and you complain it's not a bigger one?

Also not sure why the interns accent would bother you that you want to 'punch him in the face'.

Bc -- didn't you follow the logic -- you really ought to have lived in nyc awhile before you can rightfully become pretentious! Ugh, these johnny-come-latelies will never ascend to true pretentiousness like super flavor.

super1flavor

Reaction score
**** all of you idiots on here. Trying to help you out.

And yes, I deleted my comments. No value in sharing anything with you people. It's the same drill every single time. Bunch of ******* diva's on here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads