• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicely done.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is a suit in the NMWA cut

Anyone is free to like or dislike the cut. If you prefer those super high notch slimmer lapel cuts that Italian houses marketed to American customers in the early 2000s, you will find plenty of those everywhere. Our cut is a return to classic proportions that many bespoke tailors in Italy have just never moved away from. It doesn't fit well in a J Crew or Nordstrom mail catalog

Spandexter

Reaction score
I'd have a wardrobe full of those if the exchange rate was more favorable! Classic proportions that I really don't think will date at all. Beautiful look.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And this is a suit in the NMWA cut

Anyone is free to like or dislike the cut. If you prefer those super high notch slimmer lapel cuts that Italian houses marketed to American customers in the early 2000s, you will find plenty of those everywhere. Our cut is a return to classic proportions that many bespoke tailors in Italy have just never moved away from. It doesn't fit well in a J Crew or Nordstrom mail catalog

That sample looks more like the SS15 version of that cut to me than what it changed to last season (and which I presume is how it'll be going forward).

vida

Reaction score
^ You're right, that is certainly an 80's cut. And to me, the notch, being lower than the current norm, shows a resemblance.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That sample looks more like the SS15 version of that cut to me than what it changed to last season (and which I presume is how it'll be going forward).

The cut/pattern actually did not change from SS15 to FW15 or SS16. How it was executed and manufactured changed last season as it was made in a different factory.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really sorry to hear this. I love your tailored clothing and have several Tipo and Tenero jackets, ties. I have never tried the NMWA model but will as soon as it goes online. I'm just afraid it will be too full based on the measurements. And for some reason, it looks a bit "old man" to me.

This. Hate the idea of the brand leaving me behind save for what one store essentially can justify purchasing. I guess it's lucky I caught on when there were myriad stores carrying it, I could afford it and get several pieces in the cuts I like.

But hey, I'm not responsible for the success of the brand; what sells is what sells. So in no way begrudge anyone or anything.

Hoping Antonio is wildly successful whatever form that takes. I'm sure there will be some stuff I'll be into each season.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cut/pattern actually did not change from SS15 to FW15 or SS16. How it was executed and manufactured changed last season as it was made in a different factory.

I want to believe you; must be a wild amount of difference within the tolerances on the buttoning point, sleeve width and lapel shape between the ones I own then.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Martin Patrick 3's website appears to be in limbo. Not showing products for anything. I suppose I'll have to email them or call to see if the Eidos has landed...

I was there today and they got their initial SS16 Eidos shipment. The stuff from the Eidos e-commerce site hasn't arrived yet.

Got to try on the new field jacket design and I do like it. Not sure if I like it over the original version (of which I have 3), but if I was getting another Eidos FJ it would probably be the new version.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must be minority I wear 46S in Tipo, and it was never really a true favorite of my, too loose (not necessarily in the not enough waist suppression, just never in the right way), surprisingly Balthazar is good for me and much better than Tipo (in 46R, 46S is just too ridiculous short in Balthazar) in terms of fit, but I do miss the 3 roll to 2 and wider lapel so never end up getting. I only tried the NMWA cut in the double breast suit (the only thing available at trunk show in 46), I like it, only wish it was in short rather than regular and would need to try the single breast version to really see how it would work.

I don't think NMWA is a very 80's cut, by that standard RLBL Anthony (minus the small lapel) is probably the most 80's cut suit out there currently

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was there today and they got their initial SS16 Eidos shipment. The stuff from the Eidos e-commerce site hasn't arrived yet.

Got to try on the new field jacket design and I do like it. Not sure if I like it over the original version (of which I have 3), but if I was getting another Eidos FJ it would probably be the new version.

Awesome! I emailed them and their response was very fast. Excellent service from what I can tell so far...

kashmir

Reaction score
actually the photo greg posted reminds me more of the 70s if anything. Small notch on wide lapels, lower buttoning points..

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actually the photo greg posted reminds me more of the 70s if anything. Small notch on wide lapels, lower buttoning points..
Definitely the 1980s. Richard Gere, American Gigolo, Georgio Armani, and the exaggerated drape cut

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ You're right, that is certainly an 80's cut. And to me, the notch, being lower than the current norm, shows a resemblance.

Do you mean the NMWA cut is an eighties cut?

I think the only characteristic it shares with an 80s cut ala Armani is the buttoning point.

And keep in mind that Armani was trying to replicate the look of the golden age of Hollywood with the fuller cuts and higher trousers. The NMWA cut is closer to classic Neapolitan look (in my humble opinion).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads