1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. touchthesky

touchthesky Senior member

Is the wool/silk fabric of the drawsting durable? I'm looking at picking up either a tenero or augusto in that same material, but am wondering if the fabric will stretch or tear easily with use. Also, is it appropriate for 3 seasons?

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Eidos wool/silk pants are amazing. Size 32 is perfect fit, very sharp.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  3. Winendine

Winendine Well-Known Member

I found them a bit big at the waist as was mentioned. I would probably say size down if you don't have thunder thighs. They didn't work out for me but the fabric is indeed nice.

4. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Yes, i agree about the waist being a bit wide but this is by design. Once you have drawstrings tightened it's actually great fit. No way you can size down even without thunder thighs. Be careful.

[​IMG]

(Excuse bare feet).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  5. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

They have to be big in the waist to fit over the hips as there is no elastic in the waistband and the waistband doesn't have a button closure. They can be easily cinched down with the drawstring. I would defintely not suggest sizing down.

6. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Getting back into tailored/classic clothing after a hiatus of 7 years, was fairly active here and my wardrobe is decent (RLPL, castangia, borelli, 1 attolini et cetera). Some pieces from when I was relatively slim, some during my fuller years, having lost 40 pounds most can't be tailored to my current size.

Long into to get to the point. I went to Bloomingdales to try on an odd sport jacket, light brown, gourgeous. Amazing stuff, absolutely fell in love with it. The 38r fit like perfect. Unfoetbeyl alog with the weight loss my disposable capital has decreased and while 1200 for this level of sport coat is very reasonable I can't justufy it. I found a jacket I love for deep discount but it's a 40r. I see from some sources the 38r shoulder length is 18.1 and 40r is 18.3, think that should do and I can have my tailor adjust the chest and waist? Thoughts from others that have had to size up?

It's good to be back (bad for the wallet). I wish I could support the brand buying it full retail Nick, wonderful stuff.

7. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Well-Known Member

8. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Haha don't need a field jacket but that certainly is beautiful

9. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

If anybody wants to get rid of any green casentino outerwear give me a shout. So sad I missed out on that.

1 person likes this.
  10. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Well like a dummy I didnt read that there were detailed measurement haha

I think the shoulder is close enough and the rest is easily tailored to match. curious how closely these will match the Bloomingdale's 38R, that I assume is a F/W 16. These cant be older than S/S 14 so assuming the fits are close.

The 38r
    Jacket lenght :

75 cm ( 29.53" )

Shoulder:

46 cm ( 18.11" )

Sleeve lenght :

64 cm ( 25.20" )

Jacket waist :

49 cm ( 19.29” )

The 40R

Jacket lenght :

74 cm ( 29.13" )

Shoulder:

45 cm ( 17.72" )

Sleeve lenght :

64 cm ( 25.20" )

Jacket waist :

46 cm ( 18.11” )

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@NickPollica

First, honored that you're heading this way. Would love to meet you.

For lodging, staying around Guerrero and 14th-16th is a good bet, or even 19th and Alabama. Both are central and walkable hoods, not too far from 18th & Sanchez where Unionmade is. Both have neighborhood bars and cafes to start your day with.

The view from Liberty Hill (roughly Dolores and 20th) is superb and again, walking distance to Unionmade.

The other area I highly recommend is Upper Haight or Inner Sunset (5th-12th along Irving). Great vibe and you're next to the famous Golden Gate Park, which is larger than Central Park and has botanical gardens, Japanese Tea Gardens, and the De Young Museum. Plus a pretty lake you can rent pedal boats on.

And I'll hook you up with food/bev recs :)

12. NickPollica

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations - I am excited to visit.

Speaking of visits - for all you Stockholm based guys, I am in route (currently sitting in the Copenhagen airport) and will arrive tonight until Sunday. Marcus has my schedule pretty booked up but he's hosting an open house on Saturday. Please feel free to stop by and introduce yourself!

2 people like this.
  13. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Bad pic but the Capris have landed in Toronto. Very happy with them, really unbelievably comfortable right out of the box.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. tricky

tricky Senior member

Those look awesome.

15. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Wonder if someone can enlighten me to what season this jacket may be from? [​IMG]

I purchased it from eBay

[​IMG]

Jacket is nice, doesn't fit or drape as well as the one I tried at Bloomingdales, that could be because of the fabric (40 silk, 35 Linen, 25 wool) and a different model (midsection is 1/4-1/2 smaller).

Browsing yoox, to my surprise, is see this jacket that seems similar, nie exact (save patch vs flap) with the same fabric from Luigi Bianch Mantova.

[​IMG]

i have an LBM jacket and ii is certainly not as nice as the edios (read fused) and the silhouette is also lacking in comparison.

I guess my question is the Edios I picked up the genuine article and the houses just happen to acquire the same fabric and design similar jackets?

As a side note: I also picked up this other Eidos jacket that I absolutely LOVE the fabric. I want to make a giant blanket of this fabric and live in it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Can't imagine someone be bothered enough to create fake Eidos(especially faking it out of LBM which a lot people know about in the first place) most likely yours was a one off sample, which model is it

Ps that pattern isn't that special pretty sure I remembered seeing Paul Stuart, Isaia and perhaps more who have done it (though might not be exactly the same fabric)

17. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Thanks, I figured it was a stretch that it could be a fake, given the craftsmanship not sure I would care either ;)

The model is "primo". I wouldn't think the pattern would be something completely unique but it's the exact cloth.

My thought was that possibly both jackets were made in the same shop in Italy and possibly I was getting a model, that, as you said, is a one off and not the level of the construction, silhouette as finishes found in "mainstream" Eidos. That seems unlikely as I don't see Isiaia, Edios and LBM all being related. The jackets though are very similar looking (lapel width, gourge height, button stance er cetera)

In any event I like both jackets and am keeping both; was more curious than anything on the provenance of this piece.

18. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Antonio can correct me if I'm wrong, but Isaia most likely produced this (or Michaelangelo).

It doesn't fit the same as the Bloomies one bc the model—Primo—is the slimmest Eidos has produced, and generally not available. It's slimmer, specifically, so that is likely the cause of the difference in fit (Drape as you put it).

Primo is actually my favorite eidos model. Nearly perfect. And I've been eyeing that green jacket in my size.

19. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Fabrics are rarely exclusive to one and only maker.
    They simply used the same cloth, there's nothing unusual in that.

1 person likes this.
  20. NickPollica

The fabric was from our Ischia collection and it was open piece goods from the mill E. Thomas. Isaia also had it in their collection and I'm not suprised to see LBM used it as well as it is a beautiful cloth. We design a lot of exclusive textiles at this point but I will throw in an open goods fabric if it fits in with our seasonal colors and this one did.