1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Haha, maybe I am a bit too excited. I am obsessed. I will take pictures, of course, once they are up and running. I already have my first outfit with them envisioned. I love cream trousers, yet they are so hard to find.

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I feel the same about my oatmeal Linen Rotas. Something about a lighter brown vs. Khaki.

Although I have on special order, again from Epaulet, tweed cords that from the swatch looked a bit darker than Khaki with flecks of color in it.

I've been eyeballing those cream Eidos cords after I read your posts but I'm thinking, where I live, 2 pairs of cords is enough.

Eidos's Sam trousers look interesting too.

3. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Marcusmalmborg.com is now officially live with Marcus' first drop. Lots of Ciro, Sal and lorenzo trousers, overcoats and 8 different colors of lupos.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

Nick

I am a solid 54R in sport coat but the field jacket dimensions according NMWA make me think I need a 56 in the field jacket, particularly if I want to layer

Thoughts?

5. metranger8694

The blue Tenero SC is gorgeous.

The Shay overcoat is beautiful as well.

On edit: Can't wait for SS gear.

6. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Funny how his tiny operation absolutely obliterates all the big players in terms of presentation. E-commerce masterclass. Really well done. I can feel the nap of the flannel just looking at the pictures. Knitwear photography is also incredible, you can really appreciate the third dimension of the knitting.

7. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

Antonio,

Can you explain how the Sal and UAB trousers differ? The pictures shown looks identical. Both seem to be side adjusters, extended waistband etc.

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Can someone buy brown Ragosta field jacket in size 48 so I don't break and order it :embar:

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Things are sold out already, ridiculously good ...

10. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Agree - these are the best pictures of Eidos clothing I've seen yet, they capture the silhouettes perfectly

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The pictures on Marcus's site are not accurate as they are both showing either the Sal style or the Lorenzo style in the respective fabrics. The UAB Trouser is the standard suit/pant style from Eidos with a mid-rise and belt loops. Here is one of Antonio's posts on the UAB: "UAB is our standard trouser cut - it is what is sold at bloomingdales. I think calling it a low-ish rise is a mischaracterization of the silhouette. Its definitely mid rise by today's standards."

Here is a pic of one of the UAB trousers top block for reference: http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c8/c8058e77_SANDSLUBSOLIDUABPANT2.jpeg

12. metranger8694

Funny, I nearly pulled the trigger on the 48 but I have the Burgundy wool FJ from last year and that's enough for F-L-A.....(If it was Oatmeal I might have had more of a struggle!)

But it sure is sweet.

13. Malmborg

Malmborg Member

Hi!

The pictures are actually correct. We chose to make the UAB trouser with side tabs instead of belt loops.

Hope you guys enjoy the site!

1 person likes this.
  14. n2pua

n2pua Senior member

congratulations marcus .......

i think i speak for everyone here when i say that we wish you nothing but success

1 person likes this.
  15. Malmborg

Malmborg Member

Thank you!

Really appreciate it!

16. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

So is it right to assume that the only difference between UAB and Sal is in the rise with the latter being a little higher?

17. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This. Marcus isn't a fan of beltloops so we developed the UAB (our mid-rise slim waistband trouser with a 20cm bottom opening) with side tabs just for him.

18. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Love side-adjusters but the Sal was too slim in the legs for me, and the Lorenzo in my regular suit size would've just been too high of a rise. UAB with side tabs is perfect.

19. badsha

badsha Senior member

@ Nick well there ever be a lighter weight hunting jacket for those in warmer climates? Sizing is similar to the field jacket? Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Are both beige pants in Marcus website with double front facing pleats?