• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ErikJN

Reaction score
Just received my Ischia cardigan, holy crap it's awesome. Nice and substantial, soft and heavy. As I assumed (and my wallet feared), I'm officially an Eidos fan - @NickPollica , still no luck finding a European retailer? (and/or: @gdl203 , you guys offer international shipping, right?)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(and/or: @gdl203 , you guys offer international shipping, right?)

Yes we've started rolling out international shipping (flat rate). Just go through the normal site checkout

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had previously not realized how great the eidos ties are. I wish they were a little wider, but still pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Nat25

Reaction score
Just picked up an Eidos tuxedo to wear to a black tie wedding, the shantung silk facings are unbelievable in person. I am looking for a shirt to wear with it and went by the new Caruso store in NYC (unbelievable if you haven't been yet), the brand is under new ownership and they are doing higher end detail and finish work now. I was contemplating getting a sea island fabric turndown collar shirt with thinner swiss pleats. My only concern (other than the price!) is that it has french cuffs and not barreled cuffs.

I never really liked wearing cufflinks as they seem too flashy for me, are french cuffs necessary for black tie or is barreled cuff acceptable? If it should be cufflinks, any ideas on who supplies some understated and classy ones?

Many thanks, I really appreciate it.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an Eidos tuxedo to wear to a black tie wedding, the shantung silk facings are unbelievable in person. I am looking for a shirt to wear with it and went by the new Caruso store in NYC (unbelievable if you haven't been yet), the brand is under new ownership and they are doing higher end detail and finish work now. I was contemplating getting a sea island fabric turndown collar shirt with thinner swiss pleats. My only concern (other than the price!) is that it has french cuffs and not barreled cuffs.

I never really liked wearing cufflinks as they seem too flashy for me, are french cuffs necessary for black tie or is barreled cuff acceptable? If it should be cufflinks, any ideas on who supplies some understated and classy ones?

Yes, cuff links are necessary if you wan't to be correct

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up an Eidos tuxedo to wear to a black tie wedding, the shantung silk facings are unbelievable in person.  I am looking for a shirt to wear with it and went by the new Caruso store in NYC (unbelievable if you haven't been yet), the brand is under new ownership and they are doing higher end detail and finish work now.  I was contemplating getting a sea island fabric turndown collar shirt with thinner swiss pleats.  My only concern (other than the price!) is that it has french cuffs and not barreled cuffs.  

I never really liked wearing cufflinks as they seem too flashy for me, are french cuffs necessary for black tie or is barreled cuff acceptable?  If it should be cufflinks, any ideas on who supplies some understated and classy ones?  

If the front is pleated definitely go french cuff. As for links, try Kirby Allison, Monsieur Fox, and Kent Wang (there is a wide variety in price here).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a shirt that takes studs - can be French cuffs (doubled) or single cuffs (more formal), never barrel cuffs. So you need to buy a set of studs and links, not just cufflinks

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nearly every DB we've shown since the Florence collection has been the Ciro DB. It is indeed awesome. I same a to. of it but stores rarely buy DB. NMWA bought it in brown wide wale cord (just like we showed it in our presentation) for this coming fall along with matching pant separates.

@NickPollica - are there any plans to introduce wider lapels on upcoming DB jackets?

Last edited:

Nat25

Reaction score

You need a shirt that takes studs - can be French cuffs (doubled) or single cuffs (more formal), never barrel cuffs.  So you need to buy a set of studs and links, not just cufflinks

Thanks everyone! Greg is a fly front not acceptable with black tie? I suspected the advice received on the cuff links but I was under the impression fly front/concealed buttons are acceptable. Thanks again much appreciated.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@NickPollica

Any chance you've good shots of the cotton PoWs Bloomindale's has in your own fits? They unfortunately have only one shot of the tiee rolled up, which is unfortunate. Both look nice but I'd like to get a good pic of the design with tie unrolled.

Cheers.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks everyone! Greg is a fly front not acceptable with black tie? I suspected the advice received on the cuff links but I was under the impression fly front/concealed buttons are acceptable. Thanks again much appreciated.

I see a lot of people doing this these days but its much more of a "fashion" thing. My advice is to go with the a white spread collar shirt with a white pique bib, removable buttons for studs and french cuffs. I'd recommend ours but they aren't carried by anyone currently. That said, you can make a great one with Proper Cloth for a good value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads