• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Pathfinder Jacket

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an EG Pathfinder Jacket? I see that rakuten has two types: a poly-cotton and a whipcord. What are the differences? And, do these fit true to size?

I tried e-mailing EG, but no response yet. I am hoping to find it in the USA to help with costs. Gary unfortunately does not carry them.

Thanks in advance.

img10562339721.jpeg

Anamoly

Reaction score
I saw that coat in Odin last week here in new york. Its really light. nice though.

maybe they can ship it to you. I emailed eg a while ago and they gave me 8-10 places to find stuff, just fyi.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's my understanding that the jacket is very difficult to find in the US. i'm surprised that Odin has it.

awhile back (maybe 2 months ago), i asked Gary about the jacket. he talked to Daiki and confirmed that there were no US stockists for the jacket.

i've also tried e-mailing EG to no avail.

but if you do find someone that carries that jacket, let us know.

you can try a SF search on Pathfinder as it's been discussed before. i know a couple of people were looking for that jacket.

-Jeff

Anamoly

Reaction score
I swear I remember seeing it and reading the tag, pathfinder. I could be wrong though, Odin does have 10-15 different EG styles. I think I even tried it on, I remember that extra inside flap piece.

Anyway, I rather not give Odin so much FREE press the "sales force" is, should I say, uninspired when it comes to helping out clients. Something the owner, if he/she reads this really needs to fix.

young7777

Reaction score
I know Odin ships within US cos I brought a EG hoodie from them this October. I received the hoodie after two weeks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I was looking for that jacket awhile back.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
There are two versions of this jacket, of which I have the unlined one (which I purchased at Odin early this year). It is identical to the jacket shown, except it has snap buttons, no corduroy collar, and no lining. It also appears that the version shown above doesn't have a talon zipper, which mine has.

I really like the pathfinder jacket, but I've been eyeing the EG aviator jacket lately, and kind of hoping that they go on sale after Christmas.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Joe you got pics of the aviator?

**** I still need another jacket man.

twin8885

Reaction score
FYI, hejfina in chicago is having a big sale and they have one EG sweatshirt marked down to 130.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Earlier in the season, I tried to locate this jacket for a SF member from Germany. I checked with EG and they stated that they had not sold anyone in the US but had indeed sold it to a retailer in Germany( the name escapes me) If Odin does have it, I'm sure they could tell you over the phone.
I promise, you guys that I will buy the Pathfinder and the Norfolk for our next Fall/Winter Collections from EG and when I have an knowledge of the fabrics it will be available in, I will let you influence me on choice. Until then, stay tuned for a preview of Spring/Summer 07.

Best Regards,

Gary

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Actually, this is the jacket. I didn't realize the one I listed was the poly/cotton one.

img10562339490.jpeg

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll dig around some more or just wait until next year (but I could use a jacket now).

Anxious to see the EG spring/summer line. I wonder when we will get a glimpse of those.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
I saw that coat in Odin last week here in new york. Its really light. nice though.

maybe they can ship it to you. I emailed eg a while ago and they gave me 8-10 places to find stuff, just fyi.

Thanks for the tip! I was able to find the jacket from Odin. It was on sale for $219 so I snatched one up.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by young7777
I know Odin ships within US cos I brought a EG hoodie from them this October. I received the hoodie after two weeks.

Wierd... I've never had anything but good service from them. Ordered the EG hoodie. Got it in the mail 2 days later. The guy went out right away to send it. I really have to recommend their service, apparently contrary to everyone else's experience. Oak is really good too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads