• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Falmouth RTW

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by observer
Gazman, you have done well and no doubts on that score, at least for one lifetime, I think!

Thanks. Since getting hooked on the whole shoe business, I've been trying to working out a theme, a set of heuristics around shoes so to speak, as opposed to buying anything that I fancy. Must put these down on paper one day.

Originally Posted by Chips
Great photo's. I wish I could afford shoes with heels like these LSH !

Thanks.

Originally Posted by speedster.8
I have been pondering a Westminster, HAF sole in peblegrain ...
And a Stefano Bemer 201, those two would be the close to the ultimate monks IMHO.

But will wait for the euro & £ to come down

The 201 looks very nice but I am a little more partial to the 202. My next pair of Stefano Bemer are actually a whole cut, the 609.
bounce2.gif
However he is one month behind schedule.
plain.gif

Truth be told, I was very sceptical about monks as I had never owned one before but these pair of Falmouth has certainly turned me around.

Originally Posted by Pengranger
Lucky chap! Very nice. Enjoy...

Thank you

Originally Posted by acidicboy
Superb pair, Gaz. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?

I got them from the annual post Christmas sale from the Jermyn St store in the UK. Here's what was on offer this year, if you missed the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ward+green+PSA

Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
The burnishing is beautiful

I had G&G make me 2 different shoes in Vintage Rioja and Vintage Oak...both with heavy burnishing/antiquing and I love it

Top Drawer soles are not an option on RTW or MTO shoes

You must cough up the full amount for a Top Drawer shoe. Its not $1600, unless bought from Tom at LeatherSoul. With the freefall of the British pound, they should cost much less. Perhaps our English bretheren can post the current price for EG Top Drawer

Thanks for clarifying the Top Drawer shoe details. I've asked Dean to heavily burnish my next two pairs on order as well. One in vintage cherry and another in vintage maple.
bounce2.gif

Leather man

Reaction score
What a great looking shoe - some of the best burnishing and antiquing I've seen on Dark Oak.
I have the same shoe in Redwood but with a double sole. I am surprised the stock shoe is on a single sole with the Fudge welt ( same as Church's Storm Welt). My Falmouth is also on the 606 last and I think this shape really suits the Falmouth. As a wearer of 11F most of my Greens need to be MTO I am sorry to say and so is by wallet! The sales too throw up very little in my size.

Roman_empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Well, both the sole and the heels of Top Drawers are more refined and receive more cosseting than standard Edward Greens; as well, the fiddleback fish-tail beveled waist is neatly and elegantly finished. The heel is slightly higher, lightly hand-shaped, very slightly tapered, closer to the upper, and is also shaped around a leather fiddle to accommodate the waist. The point where the heel and sole meet is extremely close and superbly finished, and the edge of the sole is spade-shaped and jointed where it abutts the heel. The leather fiddle is shaped, positioned and inserted at the hand-drafted waist which not only improves the look but adds just a bit more support. The soles are hand-shaped, metal toe taps can be sunken into the outsole, and if the customer so desires, his initials can be nailed into the sole as well. Top Drawer soles also get extra attention during the finishing process and in the Edward Green polishing room. Top Drawers can be had starting at $1,600 and can take up to a year to get from day of order to day of delivery.

Some Cardiffs on the 33 last from Leather Soul Hawaii:

tdc4.jpg

and a loafer also from Leather Soul:

natd2.jpg

and the Beaulieu in Bauxite Antique, made on the 82 last, with the owner's initials (in this case, Tom Park, owner of Leather Soul Hawaii):

be2.jpg

another from LSH:

fal2.jpg

from the Top Drawer catalog:

05_pg04.jpg

Gaz, really love the antique finish, great!

Does anyone have larger pics of the light colored top drawer soles as shown above? Those are insane!

Leather man

Reaction score
Go to Leather Soul's website - you'll see larger pics there - I agree with you - they really are insane!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
Go to Leather Soul's website - you'll see larger pics there - I agree with you - they really are insane!

+1

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roman_empire
Does anyone have larger pics of the light colored top drawer soles as shown above? Those are insane!
Don't have larger pictures, but do have more pictures of the rest of the shoe (Falkirk):
00hd6.jpg

emorse

Reaction score
To those of you who own the Falmouth, how has it fit into your wardrobe? Has the fudge welt proven to be versatile or has it constrained you to more casual attire?

In a separate question, how does the Falmouth differ from the Troon monk strap? Is the only difference the fudge welt? Or would a Falmouth minus the fudge welt give you a different shoe than the Troon?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emorse
To those of you who own the Falmouth, how has it fit into your wardrobe? Has the fudge welt proven to be versatile or has it constrained you to more casual attire?

In a separate question, how does the Falmouth differ from the Troon monk strap? Is the only difference the fudge welt? Or would a Falmouth minus the fudge welt give you a different shoe than the Troon?

I generally wear it more casually but have occasionally paired it with a suit. I like the fudge welt and personally do not find it too informal to wear with a suit. But that's just me. Having said that the HK SFer's, who obsess over detail, have yet to pick me up on it.

My understanding that the Troon and Falmouth are pretty much the same shoe without the fudge welt.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Don't have larger pictures, but do have more pictures of the rest of the shoe (Falkirk):

00hd6.jpg

Man,these are sweet,is Falkirk through top drawer only?

Busa Dave

Reaction score
You know this really sucks!! Anyone willing to help me with the dates of the sale and people who carry the "upper end" lines here already been to Skyvalet's site or maybe across the pond? Thought my collection of Alden and C&J Shells were great shoes. Now I am consumed with getting some..

Saw the Shell MTO on LeatherSoul---WICKED!!

I hate this site!!!!!!!!!
devil.gif

labravajazz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by glowell222
EG is one of those companies that does everything right. To the OP, great shoes, BTW.
For anyone who loves these shoes as i do (!) I have a pair which unfortunately are just a little too tight for me. BNIB I have them on ebay right now at a low price for what they are. 11/11.5 D 606 last dark chestnut. Fabulous shoes great color - what a drag they are too narrow for me ..... But great opportunity for someone. I like these better than any shoes I have had inc John Lobbs, CJs , Church's, Sargents, Grenson Ferragamo etc , http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus