• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naesuk

Reaction score
The Galway boots I got were £499 not a great deal, but good boots. As mentioned not a good sale in terms of discount or range. Still happy as I think that's what they are worth. Shame the price is not the same away from a sale. Cheers

Last edited:

Lithonial

Reaction score
Good morning, I was hoping that some of the resident experts here might help me with a fit question. I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs (probably a 202 or 82 Chelsea in black to start my addiction, err... collection) but I wasn't sure on the sizing and, sadly, there are exceedingly few places in the DC area that carry EG, and none that carry wider sizes. I've got a pair of G&G Wigmores on the TG73 last in UK10.5G, which are a bit longer than necessary, but worked width-wise. I also have Carminas in UK10G that are less snug and right at the correct length. I figure I should stick with the UK10 for length, but my question is, will I need to get a G width or can I get away with an F on either the 82 or 202 lasts? I'd read both on here and the G&G thread that the TG73 can run more narrow, especially compared to the 202, so I wasn't sure. Thank you!

nmoore82

Reaction score
Just to update from my previous post as I had little time to go into detail but I had wanted to try and warn peeps on Thursday not to go out of their way to visit the pop-up.

I got there early, around 10.20am and was surprised that there were only 4 or 5 people waiting. Obviously the queue grew a bit longer by 11am.

Everyone I spoke to in the queue were pretty dumbfounded by the high pricing, apparently the prices were higher than the Factory Shop.

The large sizes were at the back of the room and rushed up to the top corner and was hugely disappointed. Another guy in the queue who was the same size as me was after Dover and Galway, fortunatley I was not interested in these styles so we didn't end up fighting over them, but he was also very disappointed with what was available. I'm not sure if he picked up any shoes for himself - just ended up picking up stuff for friends. I was looking for anything on the 72 last, and I'd hoped to have found one style in my size, no luck. There were a few styles in 72 last, boots and shoes in other sizes. I would of also been up for a pair of Dundee in an F fitting, they did have some Dundee in larger sizes, size 12 I recall.

There was a bargain rack, not sure what price those shoes were? £100? But there was nothing there for me. There was a big box of belts, which you had to dig through deep, EG should of made some effort to actually display these on a table IMO. I believe the prices were £50 and £80? I did not notice any shoe trees.

I left after around half an hour with nothing and headed into Son of Stag to look at some Japanese denim.

Bearing in mind the majority of the shoes at the pop-up are seconds the pricing is terrible and I would say don't waste your time or certainly don't go out of your way; fortunatley I only live 10 minutes away by bike. Of course I am sure a more than a few people found what they were looking for.

I had a quick look at the bargain rack and these were varied from £85 - £185 (from what I saw). These to me looked like proper samples where EG have tried new ideas - there were some really funky summer suede derbys in bright red, yellow and blue and ostrich leather slippers.

Only shoe I was tempted with was a Buxton slip-on in the original DOAK shade. However, it had slight heel slippage and at £465 (price for hand sewn seconds), I wasn't prepared to risk it and decided to save for a shoe actually on my wish list.

kelvw

Reaction score
I've taken a few photos today if anyone is interested.
I'd agree prices are still pretty high for seconds. I almost found a deal at £250 but half a size too large.

I did get a few other stuff but not shoes. Will post them when I get home. Also if you bought belts, you have to head to Jerymn st. to get it shortened. Bet the staff aren't too pleased.

Last edited:

nmoore82

Reaction score

I did get a few other stuff but not shoes. Will post them when I get home. Also if you bought belts, you have to head to Jerymn st. to get it shortened. Bet the staff aren't too pleased.

Yeah I'll be off to Jermyn Street to get my new belt shortened! But have been meaning to go in there for a while to get a pair of Chelsea's sent off for a refurb.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of Galway's. Here are a couple of my lightweight MTO's that have been trickling in.

Top two: clove suede on bauxite.
Bottom two: Hawthorne suede on old rose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics