• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opps forgot to add the sizing recommendation. That will depend on what you already have, but I'll say TTS on the 64 with perhaps half size up on the 82. Although, that's without knowing anything else you own.

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am far too much of a novice to give EG sizing/lasts recommendations. I came to appreciate EG at the end of my shoe buying journey (hopefully) but was determined to own one pair of boots and shoes. For me, it wasn’t difficult at all. Galway and Dover. EG has so many amazing makes but those two seemed almost iconic and they were my must-haves.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about my first pair of boots from EG...What should I get?

Any sizing considerations?
Galway, easy decision! It's their best looking boot. Depending on what you want to wear it with, that will determine last and material. I wear same size as my shoes on the same last

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...so the 64 last is a new one. I fit well in both the 915 and 202 lasts. Is the 64 close to the 202? Would a 10/10.5 202 translate well to the same in a 64 last?

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...so the 64 last is a new one. I fit well in both the 915 and 202 lasts. Is the 64 close to the 202? Would a 10/10.5 202 translate well to the same in a 64 last?
I personally wouldn't choose 64 for a first pair of EG boots. To me, 202 provides the most versatility for a boot and is available in a pretty wide range of make-ups. Given you also know your size in it, I think it makes more sense to go in that direction instead.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
64 will have less space in the instep and a lower but wider toe box. I agree with @te0o get one on 202 since it'll be your first and you know it fits well

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, it wasn’t difficult at all. Galway and Dover. EG has so many amazing makes but those two seemed almost iconic and they were my must-haves.
Amen to that. Those two models have lots of imitators, and some come pretty close, but there really isn't anything like the real thing on either of those two models. Absolutely iconic. (And that's coming from someone whose shoe collection sits firmly with the lads in Kettering :D)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amen to that. Those two models have lots of imitators, and some come pretty close, but there really isn't anything like the real thing on either of those two models. Absolutely iconic. (And that's coming from someone whose shoe collection sits firmly with the lads in Kettering :D)

+1 on that. The often imitated never duplicated Dover just has that je ne sais quoi. Somehow it fits with everything and anything.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend 72 over 64. Easier to fit, I find, and very pleasing to the eye.
Can't go wrong with 202 either, on a Galway.

I think the 72 looks a touch nicer and less rugged than the 64, however both look bootish (making up words here but I'm confident you guys know what I mean) on a Ridgeway.

Might be my imagination but the 64 can easily fit into CJs lineup of boots. The 72 looks like a proper EG only last.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Any chance someone has a side by side of the 72 and 64? Sold off my 72 last galway... liked but didn't love the aesthetics of the last. Not sure why. ?‍♂️

Sutefan

Reaction score
Any chance someone has a side by side of the 72 and 64? Sold off my 72 last galway... liked but didn't love the aesthetics of the last. Not sure why. ?‍♂️
My brother has a rcc veldtschoen on 64, 11F. I've got 72 in willow zug, 11F, also veldtschoen.
That comparison will happen.

Sutefan

Reaction score
I think the 72 looks a touch nicer and less rugged than the 64, however both look bootish (making up words here but I'm confident you guys know what I mean) on a Ridgeway.

Might be my imagination but the 64 can easily fit into CJs lineup of boots. The 72 looks like a proper EG only last.
I agree. I think the shape of 72 is a little easier to wear. Would probably have 64 too though, if I didn't prefer the 72-fit.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Kentmeres in the Snowstorm yesterday
52FCEB4B-5A42-4F1E-9204-B8DC9DFD3E47.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads