• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AWu

Reaction score
Not intended to persuade for selling but they are in my size
:bounce2:
:bounce2:

Mahogany CC Galway on 202 last from Italist. These are a half size smaller than my standard EG size (UK8E/US 8.5D vs usual UK8.5E/US9D). This was the closest size available when I ordered these a month ago, and I took a chance thinking worst case I could sell these and break-even if my gamble didn't work out. I know some folks take their C&J or Carmina size in EG to achieve a more snug fit out of the box, and this also influenced my decision.

I find these are more snug around the vamp than my other EG boots, but not uncomfortably so. My other CC Galway in 8.5E also fit snugger than my Galway in smooth calf in the same last and size. I feel I may be able to make them work, but have avoided flexing my feet (so as to not crease the vamp). Haven't made a decision on whether I'll keep this pair, but wanted to share pictures of these beauties.

View attachment 1586719View attachment 1586720

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galway in burgundy delapre and clove suede for quick grocery store run

View attachment 1591503
I understand fully, what with my semi retirement and the covid lockdown I have very few opportunities to get dressed so I take advantage of my COSTCO trips......:D

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand fully, what with my semi retirement and the covid lockdown I have very few opportunities to get dressed so I take advantage of my COSTCO trips......:D
Ha ha yeah exactly. I'd wear my nice footwear mainly to the office and reserve sneakers or beater shoes for grocery/hardware store runs. These days I look forward to these little opportunities to wear decent footwear

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the R1 sole compared to N1? How is comfort? Grip?
I always find leather to be more comfortable than rubber, but R1 is pretty close. I think what you are really getting is longevity with the R1 vs N1. Grip is slightly better on R1, but again pretty close

garigo

Reaction score
It's not that easy to be on top of the sole nomenclature, it's apparently not well explained on their website!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that easy to be on top of the sole nomenclature, it's apparently not well explained on their website!
Agreed, especially for something as simple as a single leather sole haha

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With money, usually. Maybe you could offer them livestock or indentured servitude for a duration of time.

• L1 soles - Single leather weight for casuals
  • N1 soles - Single leather weight
  • B1 soles - 1.5-ply leather weight
  • H/A - Double leather weight
  • H/AF soles - Double leather weight with forepart middles (narrower in the sole waist)
  • C/B1 - Medway soles and heels (rubber)
  • C/B2 - Dainite soles and heels (rubber)
  • C/B3 - Ridgeway soles and heels (rubber)
  • R1 soles - New single rubber soles - has replaced the Thames soles
And R2 is the thicker rubber sole.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown