• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but think it would look nicer if they were able to stick to their original cordovan Galway model with cordovan on the facings too
True, although that would put the cost up to probably north of £2k and limit the market even further

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
True, although that would put the cost up to probably north of £2k and limit the market even further

Is it that much of an upcharge? I think @jischwar wasn't talking about the full shaft but rather the small strip along the eyelets. It's a really attractive detail that is unique to EG for the galway style pattern (I think).

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize that, I guess those are only able via MTO route? I've only seen shell/suede versions in the RTW section and those are same price as these.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it that much of an upcharge? I think @jischwar wasn't talking about the full shaft but rather the small strip along the eyelets. It's a really attractive detail that is unique to EG for the galway style pattern (I think).
Didn't realize that, I guess those are only able via MTO route? I've only seen shell/suede versions in the RTW section and those are same price as these.
Those look like they are a stock model now, and are the same price as the shell/suede. I suppose it they made just the strip with the eyelets shell as a stock model, it wouldn’t cost much more in materials. I’ve never seen that part in a different material on Galways though, just on Shannons. The whole shaft in shell, or any MTO charge would put these over £2k

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't spoil it as I'm not sure how much longer before they will be delivered, but let's just say there's something else in the works that's likely to have shell facings as well
EG or another maker? I’ll be interested to see either way when you get them.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like they are a stock model now, and are the same price as the shell/suede. I suppose it they made just the strip with the eyelets shell as a stock model, it wouldn’t cost much more in materials. I’ve never seen that part in a different material on Galways though, just on Shannons. The whole shaft in shell, or any MTO charge would put these over £2k
I think it's pretty common on EG shell Galway offerings, but think you can only get them via MTO
1614177991191.png

1614178051096.png

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I think it's pretty common on EG shell Galway offerings, but think you can only get them via MTO
View attachment 1561708
View attachment 1561710

Good Morning, there are a good number of different "variants" of the base Galway.

One of them has the Eyestay matching the shaft of the boot, which I believe is the Galway I.
There is also a different variant which has the Eyelets matching the quarters/vamp/cap and with the option of a different material for the shaft, such as those made by Leffot (plus what I did on my Bourbon MTO). I *believe* that is the Galway II, but it could have been the Galway IV. Its been a few years since I looked at their catalog of Galway options...

There are a surprisingly good number of variants that may have Perf Tip or a Wingtip front or an austerity wingtip... There are a lot of options out there...

Hope that helps some!

Edward Green Bourbon Crup Galway - 18.jpg

-Mike

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Morning, there are a good number of different "variants" of the base Galway.

One of them has the Eyestay matching the shaft of the boot, which I believe is the Galway I.
There is also a different variant which has the Eyelets matching the quarters/vamp/cap and with the option of a different material for the shaft, such as those made by Leffot (plus what I did on my Bourbon MTO). I *believe* that is the Galway II, but it could have been the Galway IV. Its been a few years since I looked at their catalog of Galway options...

There are a surprisingly good number of variants that may have Perf Tip or a Wingtip front or an austerity wingtip... There are a lot of options out there...

Hope that helps some!

View attachment 1561854

-Mike
Ah interesting, thanks for the additional information

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads