• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the same as @Nickd ... 184 (lined suede) and 606 I take the same size and fit is good

papado

Reaction score
This is my second attempt to get a good fit for Edward Green loafer... the photo is based on my Edward green Islington 137 last UK9/9.5E with my foot pushed all the way forward. As you can see there are quite a bit of gap there.. is UK8.5E or UK8 on the 184 last a better gamble? I am thinking of getting 2 loafers.. EG Piccadilly unlined Suede Loafer and EG Lulworth calf loafer. Hope I can finally get it right this time and don’t have to return
I don't think it's a fair analysis to shove your foot really far forward in a shoe and then say there's heel space. I have a low-er instep so I have this issue where my foot does slide a little forward in loafers but based on some trial and error I think I just need a tongue pad and my normal EG size of 10E works in the 184 last. Even without the tongue pad, the shoes are the right size and they're just not super secure around my heel (due to my foot moving a little forward) but as the sole breaks in it shouldn't be a problem.

If you experience significant heel slip when walking normally in these loafers then I'd say yes it would be the wrong size, but forcing your foot into a position which you can't replicate in motion does not automatically give you the sizing feedback you're looking for.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Ok very disappointed that I can’t get any fitting loafer with EG..
today I went to a brick and mortar store to try out Alden Cordovan Loafer LHS 986 on the VAN last and I fit the 8.5D albeit with some tightness but very minimal heel slip. I also tried on the 9D and although this is not tight and can fit on comfortably but experience quite an amount of heel slip... so I think 8.5D is for me. I think with a few wears, the Cordovan leather should expand and I should be able to fit comfortably. Hence i should get UK8/8.5 E on the EG 184 last? Anyone has any experience?

Nickd

Reaction score
Ok very disappointed that I can’t get any fitting loafer with EG..
today I went to a brick and mortar store to try out Alden Cordovan Loafer LHS 986 on the VAN last and I fit the 8.5D albeit with some tightness but very minimal heel slip. I also tried on the 9D and although this is not tight and can fit on comfortably but experience quite an amount of heel slip... so I think 8.5D is for me. I think with a few wears, the Cordovan leather should expand and I should be able to fit comfortably. Hence i should get UK8/8.5 E on the EG 184 last? Anyone has any experience?
I think you probably need to try on some of the EG lasts in person, so you can nail down what your fit is.

If you haven‘t sent the pair in 9E on 137 back yet, maybe put an insole in to help with the fit - I’ve found them to improve the fit on a pair of C&J loafers I have considerably.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things

1) Fine for me
2) They are lovely - what last, 202?
Thanks! 82 last, actually. One thing I noticed about these boots: if you buy any 82 lasted boots or shoes WITH a stormwelt, then that lessens the pointy, elongated appearance of the boot/shoe. It makes the 82 last seem a bit more conservative.

Nickd

Reaction score
Thanks! 82 last, actually. One thing I noticed about these boots: if you buy any 82 lasted boots or shoes WITH a stormwelt, then that lessens the pointy, elongated appearance of the boot/shoe. It makes the 82 last seem a bit more conservative.
Very true, they look significantly less elongated than my 82 last Galways.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.