• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
How do you compare it to the 202?

I think it really depends on the aesthetic (what sings to you) that you are going for...

I really dig the 606 (flat nose and round apron) kinda look on reverse split toe derbies

I think the 32 is an older model on a rounder toe with a round apron and more popular on the Asian market

as for 202 vs 606 - i like to think the 202 is kinda like the in between... there is really no right or wrong just what you digging atm

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to list my Burgundy Utah Alderley for sale to make room in my closet and partially fund shell Galway MTO. UK8.5E 202 last, worn four times times total including two 2-hr weekend brunch outings with the family. Please DM if interested. Will list on ebay too, waiting for fee promo event ebay runs every now and then.

DSC_0888.JPG

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my white kid Dovers, made to order on the 202 last, unlined. We originally selected a skin back in October, but by January it was reported to me that the skin we had chosen kept splitting as the factory tried to sew the apron. Last March, I got an update that either that problem had been solved or that an alternative skin had been sourced (I'm not entirely sure). At that time, of course, the world turned upside down. In the end, the shoes were delivered to me this past week. Here's a photo just prior to a Costco run:

IMG_4735.jpeg

nikolau

Reaction score
Can anyone advise how the lopez fits in comparison to Edward Green’s E137 last? Does anyone happen to own both?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my white kid Dovers, made to order on the 202 last, unlined. We originally selected a skin back in October, but by January it was reported to me that the skin we had chosen kept splitting as the factory tried to sew the apron. Last March, I got an update that either that problem had been solved or that an alternative skin had been sourced (I'm not entirely sure). At that time, of course, the world turned upside down. In the end, the shoes were delivered to me this past week. Here's a photo just prior to a Costco run:

View attachment 1409411
Really looks great, the entire ensemble! Bet you'll be the best dressed Costco customer they've ever seen.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for folks who own Galway or other model with suede shaft. Do you apply protector to the suede? I'm finalizing Galway MTO and trying to decide between whiskey uppers/tobacco suede shaft and possibly cognac cordovan uppers/brandy pin grain shaft. Aesthetically Cognac Cordovan appeals to me the most, but for an MTO whiskey appears to make more sense (since cognac is available RTW although with suede shaft). I'm just concerned about accidentally spraying suede protector on cordovan (plus suede appears to age less gracefully to my eye). Almond country calf is another option for shaft.

Also would it be sacrilegious to use Ridgeway sole with 82 last? It's such an elegant last, so not sure if Ridgeway would be a good fit. Don't think I've ever seen 82 last with this sole.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer the second question first, I would find the ridgeway sole an awkward choice for the 82 last, but that’s just me.

As for treated the suede shaft, there’s no harm in it. I don’t think it would matter anyway it’s unlikely that it would be exposed to the wear the of bottom material. Still, no harm in applying some nano-protector.

As for the overspray, just hold a piece of cardboard at the border. I’ve sprayed dual material boots and have gotten a little on the leather without any residual blemish. Of course, I’m not sure how shell would react.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for folks who own Galway or other model with suede shaft. Do you apply protector to the suede? I'm finalizing Galway MTO and trying to decide between whiskey uppers/tobacco suede shaft and possibly cognac cordovan uppers/brandy pin grain shaft. Aesthetically Cognac Cordovan appeals to me the most, but for an MTO whiskey appears to make more sense (since cognac is available RTW although with suede shaft). I'm just concerned about accidentally spraying suede protector on cordovan (plus suede appears to age less gracefully to my eye). Almond country calf is another option for shaft.

Also would it be sacrilegious to use Ridgeway sole with 82 last? It's such an elegant last, so not sure if Ridgeway would be a good fit. Don't think I've ever seen 82 last with this sole.
I have a couple of boots with a suede shaft and I don't use anything on it. The shaft just doesn't get the same exposure to the elements that the uppers do, especially as pants cover the majority of it anyway.

Not sure I've ever seen 82 last with ridgeway sole either, but I think EB's 804 last is very close. Maybe someone has done an MTO that you could look at to get a feel. It's hard for me to picture...

Edit - just checked @SoleGarb Instagram and there is a comparison between Balway and Galway 74945 vs. 82 and it looks close, so maybe you can expand your search.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer the second question first, I would find the ridgeway sole an awkward choice for the 82 last, but that’s just me.

As for treated the suede shaft, there’s no harm in it. I don’t think it would matter anyway it’s unlikely that it would be exposed to the wear the of bottom material. Still, no harm in applying some nano-protector.

As for the overspray, just hold a piece of cardboard at the border. I’ve sprayed dual material boots and have gotten a little on the leather without any residual blemish. Of course, I’m not sure how shell would react.

Thanks, yeah I've had the same experience with my one Galway with suede shaft. No harm done to the calf (delapre), but I would hesitate to use on cordovan Galway due to my occassional clumsiness.

I have a couple of boots with a suede shaft and I don't use anything on it. The shaft just doesn't get the same exposure to the elements that the uppers do, especially as pants cover the majority of it anyway.

Not sure I've ever seen 82 last with ridgeway sole either, but I think EB's 804 last is very close. Maybe someone has done an MTO that you could look at to get a feel. It's hard for me to picture...

Edit - just checked @SoleGarb Instagram and there is a comparison between Balway and Galway 74945 vs. 82 and it looks close, so maybe you can expand your search.

Thanks, will check out Lorenzo's instagram post!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads