• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TimothyF

Reaction score
Is it normal for EG Dovers where the left and right lacing pieces are not on one horizontal line, causing the laces ( if you’re doing bar lacing) to be at a slant to the foot? That’s what I have going on my right shoe.

D284F560-E056-4FE7-80D7-C7359604014A.jpeg

I paid full retail during trunk show at an authorized store, sized by an EG salesmen. If you were in this situation, how would you feel about this in line with EG’s overall consistency?

I’d like to hear the community’s input on whether this counts as a first, second, or something in between quality-wise. Thank you.

E388E25B-FE4C-47E3-BA17-885C16699AC5.jpeg E388E25B-FE4C-47E3-BA17-885C16699AC5.jpeg D3D4A3F5-E436-4FF0-AEE8-EA4435C335D4.jpeg 30F2BDF5-2FD4-460B-941A-02F720FF33EB.jpeg

Attachments

• D284F560-E056-4FE7-80D7-C7359604014A.jpeg
    D284F560-E056-4FE7-80D7-C7359604014A.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

member2000r

Reaction score
Is it possible to suggest a leather that is not currently offering by EG and come up as a GMTO idea?

Also thinking about a Vetdt Galway boots in the Russian Grain by J&FJ Baker tannery

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for EG Dovers where the left and right lacing pieces are not on one horizontal line, causing the laces ( if you’re doing bar lacing) to be at a slant to the foot? That’s what I have going on my right shoe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. On the right shoe, try to do the lacing opposite?

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1301235

I paid full retail during trunk show at an authorized store, sized by an EG salesmen. If you were in this situation, how would you feel about this in line with EG’s overall consistency?

I’d like to hear the community’s input on whether this counts as a first, second, or something in between quality-wise. Thank you.

View attachment 1301232 View attachment 1301232 View attachment 1301233 View attachment 1301234

I think this is normal.

It is leather, It is not a solid material. It is a malleable material. It will always change its shape depending on use, stress and wear. One of the things people love about leather is the uniqueness of it. No 2 pairs will be exactly the same.

Another point to note is that this might be due to ur feet. The right foot and left foot are never symmetrical. they will always have some differences when compared to each other.

PS: The Dovers look amazing, Enjoy them..

TimothyF

Reaction score
I think this is normal.

It is leather, It is not a solid material. It is a malleable material. It will always change its shape depending on use, stress and wear. One of the things people love about leather is the uniqueness of it. No 2 pairs will be exactly the same.

Another point to note is that this might be due to ur feet. The right foot and left foot are never symmetrical. they will always have some differences when compared to each other.

PS: The Dovers look amazing, Enjoy them..

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. On the right shoe, try to do the lacing opposite?

Thank you; your explanations are very convincing. I'm going to keep the shoes, and so far the break in has been decent and I have high hopes the Dovers will become comfortable shoes for me.

Another even less important question: Did you find the much-vaunted EG antiquing finish quite underwhelming? Mine was quite patch-y, if that's the correct description. The toe burnishing doesn't go all the way to the front welt; at the heel, just two little round patches on the side, leaving the back area untouched.

Just interested in what's the common experience with EG shoes so that I can properly align my expectations. Thank you very much.

lazym

Reaction score
Anyone know how the 184 last compares to the 137 or 202 lasts? 8/8.5 in the 202 fits perfect on me and the same size in the 137 feels slightly looser. I'm thinking of getting a pair of mink suede piccadilly loafers.

loanshark

Reaction score
X-post from our affiliate thread.

We have EG Veldt Galway in Grey Country Calf (72 last / Ridgeway Sole) planned for next 2020 F/W. Kindly let me know via email or DM if you are interested in reserving one in your size.

Here is picture of the Veldt Galway (also 72 / Redgeway) made on the Mahogany calf we have in stock now which some sizes sold out quickly as a pre-order linked below.

Also, with enough interest, we are entertaining Brown London Grain version as well :)

Cheers,
Steve
I would likely be in for brown London grain. Do you have any pics of the leather? How does it differ from walnut country calf?

Iadbound

Reaction score

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would likely be in for brown London grain. Do you have any pics of the leather? How does it differ from walnut country calf?
This is what it looks like: https://www.edwardgreen.com/shop/dover-dark-brown-london-grain-handsewn.html

EG did a run this fall of the London grain on the Picadilly, and I snagged a pair. I really like it soft. It's soft, supple, but also subtle (more so than the close up picture I linked to).

Yes here is the picture of the brown London grain we have (on a 202 last Dover)

Here is a picture of the Burgundy London Grain...just in case :)

loanshark

Reaction score
Is the leather rugged enough for a veldt boot? I would also be interested in a brown cc. Honestly I love the .com makeup with brown cc/mink suede but I have absolutely no need for the shearling lining.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the leather rugged enough for a veldt boot? I would also be interested in a brown cc. Honestly I love the .com makeup with brown cc/mink suede but I have absolutely no need for the shearling lining.

I have a pair in Grey CC and it is absolutely up for the veldt Galway. The leather is handsome, rugged and distinctive.

On a personal note, Country grain feels softer and waxy. It is better served on 82 last I think and for a dressier aesthetic. Unsure if it will make a great Galway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads