Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

2. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

What last is this...64 or 202?

I love every part of it although shearling interior would make my feet melt in hot weather.

3. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

4. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

They're a stunning pair of boots, sdolina, I'm so glad that I picked up a pair for the winter. Am seriously thinking of getting another pair MTO in colours of my choosing for winter 2014...

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I really like the 606 for the Dover. :nodding:

6. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Active Member

IMHO Dover=606

7. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Why so cheeky?
    Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in Australia too. So these Chelseas were marked down from $1995, and the store sold EG trees at $250! I don't need to go bargain basement, otherwise I'd just go to the local department store and pick up some Florsheim plastic junk. I was hoping there was some kind of happy median that you SF folks could point me too that might get close to matching the quality without costing half what I paid for the shoes. I thought $50-100 would be reasonable to expect a tree that would do it's job without wrecking the heel or shape.

I see most of the posts on this thread of peoples collections seem to show multiple different styles of tree so there must be something decent out there.

What is Jab 3? i tried to goggle but nothing relevant showed up. any links to online ordering sites?

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

He means Jos A Bank (JAB). I don't know if they have them in Australia, but they're a sort of cheapo house that sells mass market clothes. Some people here go to them for shoe trees, however, as they have a 3 for $25 deals.

Does Sierra Trading Post deliver to where you are? If so, sometimes they have cedar shoe trees on there for $11, once you punch in their ~35% off DealFlyer codes. Just sign up for their DealFlyer newsletter and wait for the codes to drop.

Those are all pretty generic, but they serve their function. Cedarville store also has some nicer shoe trees with brass pull knobs near the heel, which make it easier to pull the tree out of the shoe. They also look much nicer when they're in your shoes. You can find those almost anywhere, so if you like them, best to look around and compare prices.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013

9. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Why are you wearing something so wintery in the first place?

10. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Are these boots only for winter?

I wear boots fairly often....but shearling interiors might be just too warm is what Im saying. Without shearling I think they would be fine just about anywhere.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Nice! Almost picked these up a few months ago. Wear in good health!

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

You are welcome. Glad to hear you had a positive experience but I'm not surprised. I've been shopping in the store for 20+ years. They have always been friendly and happy to leave me alone to enjoy myself if I say "just looking".

But things really changed when they moved to the center of town. Now they have a lot more room and have filled it up with a ton of clothes and accessories. They seem to be making a major commitment to offering high-end shoes with EG, G&G, AS and other brands.They mentioned the last time i was there that the lag time between ordering and receiving from the UK can be ages, so new models will continue to come in this Spring and Summer. Jim, the owner clearly loves shoes. Next time you are in there ask his opinion about anything to do with shoes. It will be a fun and lively conversation.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on his EG Sandringham's in chestnut antique.