• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
My shearling lined Galways finally landed!
Two month after shipping confirmation and a month after the last snow melted, probably the parcel travelled all around the world.

What last is this...64 or 202?

I love every part of it although shearling interior would make my feet melt in hot weather.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
They're a stunning pair of boots, sdolina, I'm so glad that I picked up a pair for the winter. Am seriously thinking of getting another pair MTO in colours of my choosing for winter 2014...

twinpeaks

Reaction score
I really like the 606 for the Dover.
nod[1].gif

IMHO Dover=606

ovlov

Reaction score
I think its only appropriate that you put $10 nordstrom trees in your EGs. That way you can explain to her how cost sensitive you are

Why so cheeky?
Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in Australia too. So these Chelseas were marked down from $1995, and the store sold EG trees at $250! I don't need to go bargain basement, otherwise I'd just go to the local department store and pick up some Florsheim plastic junk. I was hoping there was some kind of happy median that you SF folks could point me too that might get close to matching the quality without costing half what I paid for the shoes. I thought $50-100 would be reasonable to expect a tree that would do it's job without wrecking the heel or shape.

I see most of the posts on this thread of peoples collections seem to show multiple different styles of tree so there must be something decent out there.

No JAB 3 for $25?

For my 6.5/7E shoes, I find that the Epic XS fits quite well all around (might not fit all the way to the toe box that neither do the EG trees). Not sure how the proportions work out with larger sized shoes.

By the way, $500 for EG is a pretty good deal.

What is Jab 3? i tried to goggle but nothing relevant showed up. any links to online ordering sites?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He means Jos A Bank (JAB). I don't know if they have them in Australia, but they're a sort of cheapo house that sells mass market clothes. Some people here go to them for shoe trees, however, as they have a 3 for $25 deals.

Does Sierra Trading Post deliver to where you are? If so, sometimes they have cedar shoe trees on there for $11, once you punch in their ~35% off DealFlyer codes. Just sign up for their DealFlyer newsletter and wait for the codes to drop.

Those are all pretty generic, but they serve their function. Cedarville store also has some nicer shoe trees with brass pull knobs near the heel, which make it easier to pull the tree out of the shoe. They also look much nicer when they're in your shoes. You can find those almost anywhere, so if you like them, best to look around and compare prices.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What last is this...64 or 202?

I love every part of it although shearling interior would make my feet melt in hot weather.

Why are you wearing something so wintery in the first place?

Fiddler

Reaction score
Why are you wearing something so wintery in the first place?

Are these boots only for winter?

I wear boots fairly often....but shearling interiors might be just too warm is what Im saying. Without shearling I think they would be fine just about anywhere.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PSG, I forgot to thank you for your reco on Khaki's...I did stop by on my NorCal trip. didn't buy anything but was very impressed with their selection. the staff are super friendly and knowledgeable.

You are welcome. Glad to hear you had a positive experience but I'm not surprised. I've been shopping in the store for 20+ years. They have always been friendly and happy to leave me alone to enjoy myself if I say "just looking".

But things really changed when they moved to the center of town. Now they have a lot more room and have filled it up with a ton of clothes and accessories. They seem to be making a major commitment to offering high-end shoes with EG, G&G, AS and other brands.They mentioned the last time i was there that the lag time between ordering and receiving from the UK can be ages, so new models will continue to come in this Spring and Summer. Jim, the owner clearly loves shoes. Next time you are in there ask his opinion about anything to do with shoes. It will be a fun and lively conversation.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on his EG Sandringham's in chestnut antique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads