• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All within the past week:

From St. Crispin thread

When I read the posts, I notice a lot of familiar contributors. Could some one give me a short crash course on StC? I currently have experience with Alden and EG. In contrast to EG which I believe is a better comparison, how does the sizing compare are the lasts generally sleeker than eg? From the photos I'vr seen the construction seems spot on. Are the considered to be more on par with eg,s top drawer offerings?

From Alden thread

When I read the posts, I notice a lot of familiar contributors. Could some one give me a short crash course on StC? I currently have experience with Alden and EG. In contrast to EG which I believe is a better comparison, how does the sizing compare are the lasts generally sleeker than eg? From the photos I'vr seen the construction seems spot on. Are the considered to be more on par with eg,s top drawer offerings?

you didnt even change the wording at all. too difficult?

From Alden thread again

Gentlemen I would like to make small request, I know must of us are shell heads however with summer around the corner, I am looking for ideas for a suede option. This will be my first introduction to suede, if possible please post pictures of your favorite suede make ups.

EG

I have to admit despite my preference for understated elegance, I can't stop looking at the galways in Navy. Curious to know from present owners what would you pair them with?

Gentlemen I am looking for pictures of suede offerings. I posted a similar question on the Alden thread, lookin for ideas for summer.

Thank goodness you've confined yourself to just a handful of threads and spared the remainder. you're a ****** poster and a hypocrite. if you ever decide to follow your own reasoning and share ideas and help educate then please go ahead. until then youre just a waste of bandwidth

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right opinions vary. How do you propose one learns if they dont ask questions. As I mentioned I'm new asking for advice isn't wrong. Of course the posts are similar in that they make requests for ideas for suede for the summer. I really don't get why anyone would get so angry regarding posts. Simply don't respond. I'm sure at some point someone took the time to educate you.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I lack the experience of many on the forum, so yes I am learning. In regards to contributing I did so earlier in this thread, in addition I have posted numerous PSAs regarding items others I knew were looking for. I help when I possibly can. Unless I'm sure regarding information, I don't pass it on. Additionally quite often people communicate via pm outside of the general forums. I'm sure at one time every member was new to the board. Before someone can educate they first have to learn. Certainly learning is advised before advising others how to proceed with their decisions.

you dont need experience, just good sense and a little initiative. dont ask so many time consuming open-ended questions. frame the question in a way that benefits yourself and contributes to the general well-being and also interest of the thread. you wouldnt ask your boss open ended questions in hope that they would explain everything to you. instead you'd bring perhaps a handful of ideas and go from there. his time is valuable as are the poster's time.

you did some research, why didnt you post several images of perhaps a style, different colors of suede you liked? you'd more than likely receive valuable and worthwhile contributions from fellow posters while also contributing something worthwhile yourself

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this isnt a career, we arent coworkers. giving & receiving constructive criticism suggests a relationship based on mutual respect and equal contribution to the overall well being of said relationship. its time consuming. why do you expect anyone here to spend their time, constructively calling you an idiot, if not for their own amusement?

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I understood the purpose of this forum to share ideas and help to educate one another. I have no desire to justify anything to anyone. Certainly there isn't a need for condescending comments. Quite often people post individuals make ups that I simply wouldn't have thought of, that's all.

Don't worry about Namor, he's spent too much money on whatever shoe someone on here posts a picture of and at least two other people say they like and hates himself, thus the hostility.

You may wish to email EG for their most recent catalog (I posted last year's here somewhere). In addition, there are some one-off makeups that have found their way on this forum via image. If you search "EG site:styleforum.net" or "Edward Green styleforum" and then choose images, you should be on the fast track to some ideas.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With spring on the way we thought you might like to see some Edward Green suede! If you are interested in any of these let us know and we will do our best to get them on your feet!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome pair of EG Shannons in Navy just popped up on eBay. Coincidentally made from suede. The stark difference in colors shows how hard it can be to photograph the material

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome pair of EG Shannons in Navy just popped up on eBay. Coincidentally made from suede. The stark difference in colors shows how hard it can be to photograph the material

I saw these as well.

It is kinda neat how they look so differently depending on how they were captured.

I'm not convinced this would be a good thing though.

I like the blue color better and I think I'd rather this always stood out.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't worry about Namor, he's spent too much money on whatever shoe someone on here posts a picture of and at least two other people say they like and hates himself, thus the hostility.

You may wish to email EG for their most recent catalog (I posted last year's here somewhere). In addition, there are some one-off makeups
that have found their way on this forum via image. If you search "EG
site:styleforum.net" or "Edward Green styleforum" and then choose
images, you should be on the fast track to some ideas.

I really appreciate that, I saw the black lichfields with contrast stitching on leffot s site however it was an mto quite stunning.

Poshak Man

Reaction score

You may wish to email EG for their most recent catalog (I posted last year's here somewhere). In addition, there are some one-off makeups that have found their way on this forum via image. If you search "EG site:styleforum.net" or "Edward Green styleforum" and then choose images, you should be on the fast track to some ideas.

Also check the suede shoe thread on this forum for examples. It has 1400+ posts. You may find some inspirations for your first suede shoe. Here is he thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/153184/suede-shoes-post-em-here

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full suede Shannons, now that is a make-up I didn't think of.

Uni: the suede Dovers look amazing! I think I am slowly liking the idea of suede more.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The external measurements are quite big for a UK 9F...

The shoe does not have any special welt that would account for this.

External Measurements are :

Length---------- (312mm)--- 12 5/16"

Width at widest point------- (113mm)--- 4 1/2"

Awesome sauce boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads