• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
You really don't sound enthusiastic about the first suit. Maybe you should pass.

+ 1

I think you should pass on all the items as you don't really seem to like any of them enough.

New or not, the Zegna coat is pretty old (and is unvented) so I would pass.

I like the Kiton jacket best as a casual summer coat but since you're not crazy about it, pass.

I like DB suits but for a first suit, I would stick to something more classic like a navy or a grey flannel chalkstripe.

You shouldn't buy an item just because it's a Kiton or a good deal only to have it sit in your closet unworn. Better to wait for something you really like and are prepared to pay more for. The most expensive items are those that don't get worn.

Sam M.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
actually they are Isaia, I bought the one button tux, got it today....... it is lovey. Jacket is fully canvessed and the material is very nice.

I purchased the one button tux as well and have to say it is fantastic. The material feels fantastic and the construction is very nice. FWIW, I took it to a bespoke tailor here (Joe at Rizzo's in Cambridge) and he was quite complimentary of both the fabric and the construction.

Additionally, I also own one of the lower line suits that I bought several years ago at a Nordstrom and can assure you there is a marked difference.

Finally, the seller, nitr-o, was great.

Best Regards,
SM

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Someone should buy this now; $240 BIN for $2,500 jacket!! Seller does not even state PL in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Italian-made...QQcmdZViewItem

Nice, alas I'm far too old to wear this
smile.gif
The chest measurement seems a bit small.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Nice, alas I'm far too old to wear this
smile.gif
The chest measurement seems a bit small.

It looks like it was bought by the enterprising shopwize aka eddievddr10 on SF of the $1,300 Kiton orphaned coats from the Barneys sale fame. Look for it to be offered soon on eBay or SF...
laugh.gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
el72 just to let you know i spent 3,000 dolars at the barneys sale, i bought things to sell and for my own personal wardrobe,id say i sold 6,500 worth of stuff on ebay and have 7 remaining kiton shirts plus 6 kiton ties.so i believe im a pretty good enterpriser for a college kid.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
el72 just to let you know i spent 3,000 dolars at the barneys sale, i bought things to sell and for my own personal wardrobe,id say i sold 6,500 worth of stuff on ebay and have 7 remaining kiton shirts plus 6 kiton ties.so i believe im a pretty good enterpriser for a college kid.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Yes, eddie. Indeed you are and that's what I said. I also think that PL jacket was a great deal and that's why I posted it here. You did well to buy it. Let me know what it's like when you get it. Good luck!

p.s. any 15.5 kiton shirts? Perhaps you can post them here for sale with the ties

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no problem i think ihave a 15.5 on ebay right now

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually have a couple of 17.5, kronik

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok i just looked and i have 6 pairs of kiton pants 34 mostly cotton (2 wool) in bright colors 2 in 32 and one 36 ,in shirts i have 2 17.5 ,2 17, 1 16, 1 15, 1 14.5 i also have one hermes 17.5 and one hermes 17 plus some isaia shirts and lots of other stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads