• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done business with several tailors/vendors in Naples and Patrizio is head and shoulders above the rest. He's responsive, straightforward, and provides exceptional customer service. Not just exceptional for Naples, but exceptional in absolute terms. Most importantly the quality of his product is top notch, I've never had a problem with any tie he's ever made for me and I probably have a few dozen. He's a gentleman and he's got great taste.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure how much flexibility there is on the width of knit ties. I don't think they're made in the same way as wool or silk. I visited with Patrizio a couple of years ago and if I recall correctly, he told me that knit ties are made by a machine very similar to that used to make socks, so the tie comes out essentially as a tube, and you cut it to the length you want, close the ends, etc. I may be way off here, but I'm not certain it's as easy to customize the width of a knit tie as it is other styles.

this is correct, they are knitted by machine. so a specific width can be made, but a bulk run quantity needs to be produced

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that with Patrizio, you will get exceptionally honest, fair and friendly treatment. He has always been generous with help and time (I often get very quick responses from him when it is evening for him), and in some cases (as above), incredibly generous--though, and @Stugotes is not suggesting that one should, one shouldn't expect free ties for honest mistakes.

He makes me feel like an old friend. My impression is that he takes incredible pride in his work but is also modest. I asked him why he didn't have an IG, like many of his competitors and he said that he isn't that sort of person but relies on those, like us, who have "affection" for his work to make it known.

Last edited:

cezinho

Reaction score
^ this

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score

Patrizio is 100% trustworthy.

If you email him and ask him he will answer your question accurately about whether he can or cannot adjust the width of a knit tie. 

My credentials: He has made me a lot of ties. They are exceptional quality.

Dear @PCK1

Thank you very much for your reply. Although I haven't yet contacted Patrizio - and this will be soon rectified - to discuss on consignments, I never had a single moment of hesitation as to his trustworthiness!

My mere concern is the precision on knit ties' - and only - width as I reckon these are subcontracted products and perhaps he has no complete command on quality control issues.

As far as the non-knits are concerned, I have no questions whatsoever and I really enjoy all fellow SFers experience and comments; not to repeat myself and this is a request to all gentlemen here, please do include in your comments code number (as it appears in the site) and construction details of the ties that you are kind enough to post.

Best

Dimitris

Big Bird

Reaction score
Some new Cappelli ties arrived today.

From left to right:
1 I ordered number ZE7 but that one was sold out. Patrizio suggested this one instead. Can’t find it on their homepage.
2 (ZZZI4) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2853
3 (G5) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2694
4. (F1) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2465
5 (C1) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2246

Very happy with all of them. They are all much lovelier than my poor picture shows. One can not have too many classics.

Wife was not that impressed. -“Three blue and two green? How adventurous… Can’t you buy some fun ties once in a while?”

I tried to explain that all of these are fun in their own way. She didn’t buy it.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have to love the precision of how the pattern ends at the point (some people don't care and might prefer a bit more imprecision as is common in Drake's neats, but precision of the sort above takes care).

Thanks for posting, would love another view of the madder on the right. The medallions look very green in the website photo.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score

Some new Cappelli ties arrived today.

From left to right:
1 I ordered number ZE7 but that one was sold out. Patrizio suggested this one instead. Can’t find it on their homepage.
2 (ZZZI4) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2853
3 (G5) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2694
4. (F1) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2465
5 (C1) http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2246

Very happy with all of them. They are all much lovelier than my poor picture shows. One can not have too many classics.

Wife was not that impressed. -“Three blue and two green? How adventurous… Can’t you buy some fun ties once in a while?”

I tried to explain that all of these are fun in their own way. She didn’t buy it.

Hi,

Congrats on your awesome selection. My special thanks for citing code numbers. They seem lined; could you share further construction details: lined / unlined / self-tipped; width; folds.

Enjoy them in good health!

Dimitris

Big Bird

Reaction score

Thanks for posting, would love another view of the madder on the right. The medallions look very green in the website photo.

Thanks! It has green (with a hint of yellow) in the middle of the medallion. (Or bacteria infected snot for lack of better description.) It is not as apparent as in Cappelli’s picture, where the green bleeds out into the other colors. Hope this picture helps.

Hi,

Congrats on your awesome selection. My special thanks for citing code numbers. They seem lined; could you share further construction details: lined / unlined / self-tipped; width; folds.

Enjoy them in good health!

Dimitris

Thanks! They are all 9,5 cm standard three fold.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From left to right: madder, madder, challis, challis, twill, twill, twill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads