• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this has been answered here numerous times before, so my apologies in advance:

Under the lining option, the surcharge for unlined is $20 (I know it's euros). Does this mean the entire tie is unlined or just the tipping?

Basically, could I get a lined, untipped tie and miss the 20 euro add on?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As noted above, "unlined" means untipped. The ties are lined as needed. You're paying that 20 Euros for quite expert hand rolling when untipped, so no, no avoiding in your stated config.

My sense is that they line based on the nature of the fabric and if you request a specific knot, etc. I sent a picture of Cleav's knots and my standard collar, and asked Patrizio to "make that (Cleav's) for my collar at 8.5 cm blade." The rest is history...I'm hooked.

Last edited:

Jay Suave

Reaction score
As noted above, "unlined" means untipped. The ties are lined as needed. You're paying that 20 Euros for quite expert hand rolling when untipped, so no, no avoiding in your stated config.

My sense is that they line based on the nature of the fabric and if you request a specific knot, etc. I sent a picture of Cleav's knots and my standard collar, and asked Patrizio to "make that (Cleav's) for my collar at 8.5 cm blade." The rest is history...I'm hooked.
pics please :)

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Jay Suave

Some of the pics are already posted (see the gallery), but the Cappelli's I have are also shown in my IG, the link is in my sig. Hashtag #egcappelli brings up others, mostly @cezinho and the armoury lads.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Naples a few months ago and picked up these Cappelli ties. The store is very difficult to find, even with an address. It's in a courtyard between two streets. The service is excellent, Patricio and the saleslady are very helpful. I'm very happy with the purchases. Black 3-fold. To be worn exclusively at funerals. Unfortunately, I'm reaching the age where many of my friend's parents (and my own father) are passing away. Maybe my new favorite summer tie. A close cousin to the second tie but I like the combination of blue and brown very much. Self-tipped six-fold tie for evening engagements. Three-fold burgundy grenadine tie. Very versatile. When the rest of my outfit is speaking loudly, this three-fold tie should whisper quietly but with something interesting to say.

_AMD

Reaction score

I was in Naples a few months ago and picked up these Cappelli ties. The store is very difficult to find, even with an address. It's in a courtyard between two streets. The service is excellent, Patricio and the saleslady are very helpful. I'm very happy with the purchases.
Three-fold burgundy grenadine tie. Very versatile.
When the rest of my outfit is speaking loudly, this three-fold tie should whisper quietly but with something interesting to say.
Nice selection. I have the one spoilered above (though unlined), and I enjoy wearing it very much.

Last edited:

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Hi,

Awesome choices, my favorite is the stripped grenadine; how unfortunate is that Patricio does not possess it any more (or any other beside the green)!

According to EGC site, the knit ties much be of 7.5cm of width; can you please confirm?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

Awesome choices, my favorite is the stripped grenadine; how unfortunate is that Patricio does not possess it any more (or any other beside the green)!

According to EGC site, the knit ties much be of 7.5cm of width; can you please confirm?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, Awesome choices, my favorite is the stripped grenadine; how unfortunate is that Patricio does not possess it any more (or any other beside the green)! According to EGC site, the knit ties much be of 7.5cm of width; can you please confirm? Thank you in advance Dimitris
Looks correct to me.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to thank both @brax and @MrTRC for your interest.

Indeed, I meant the knit ties, our fellow SFer must have misunderstood because I said that the grenadine is my favorite!

At any rate, I would like to take this opportunity and make a suggestion: can everybody who posts pictures be kind enough to share further information, such as Code Number (it would be extremely usefull for the rest gentlemen to see the color / color combinations IRL), Width, Construction (3-fold, 5-fold, etc). In this way, we may be able to have a visual "proxy" of a preselected tie.

I would appreciate your input on this!

Cheers,

Dimitris

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Indeed, I meant the knit ties, our fellow SFer must have misunderstood because I said that the grenadine is my favorite!

At any rate, I would like to take this opportunity and make a suggestion: can everybody who posts pictures be kind enough to share further information, such as Code Number (it would be extremely usefull for the rest gentlemen to see the color / color combinations IRL), Width, Construction (3-fold, 5-fold, etc). In this way, we may be able to have a visual "proxy" of a preselected tie.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Agree, the quality of Patrizio's work is far more helpful than the swatch photos on the website

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

Cheers,

Dimitris

Unfortunately, I cannot help very much here. I have no code numbers as I picked these up at the store rather than ordering them from a catalog. The type of construction is noted in the original post. The width of the knit ties is 6.5 cm.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever received an email from Patrizio from the following email address: [email protected] ?
The reason I'm asking is because I received an email from this address yesterday morning without a subject or anything written in the email, just an attached .zip-file named "Fhb". It looks suspicious. I contacted Patrizio regarding this but haven't received any answer yet. I don't know whether it's a spam mail/virus or an invoice for two ties that I've expressed interest in earlier. You'd think he would get in touch with me regarding measurements etc before sending out an invoice (by mail?) if that was the case.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Their normal email seems to be working fine. I received an email yesterday from the normal address: [email protected]
Have never seen that address before.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads