1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

2. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

3. Cleav

You're welcome :)

4. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Looks like the free shipping over 75 went kaput. Now it's set at 4 (or more) ties. Makes sense, but still a bit of a bummer ha.

5. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

He probably got a huge influx of single-tie orders. I was about to place one actually!

I find his policy odd, to be honest. I ship things to Italy, and buy things from Italy, all of the time, and recorded air mail should only cost about €10, and yet he charges €25, which is pretty extortionate and discourages me from making much more frequent impulse buys.

6. ericgereghty

I don't doubt it. I don't find the cost tremendously onerous, though it does put me off from purchasing a single tie...

My issue is that I always find other ways to appropriate $~500, though I should definitely take the Cappelli plunge, especially with his linen pieces.

7. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Yes you should. He's the best.

2 people like this.
  8. Cleav

Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

I too ws looking to take the plunge with the free shipping, but can't bring myself to pay 50% of the price of a tie for shipping, especially for my first tie from Cappelli.

10. ericgereghty

If anyone US based is interested in a group buy, I'd be down...especially now that it only takes 4 to tango.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  11. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

The deal was always free postage for >4 ties!

12. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

It's not tremendously onerous, no, but it does lead me to buy fewer ties, so I question the business wisdom of doing it from Patrizio's perspective.

Often when I browse the site, there are only 2 or 3 ties that I actually want/need at any given time, so I'll hold off until a 4th one to my liking arrives, by which time some of the older ones go out of stock. The cycle repeats itself and in this manner I haven't ordered a packet from Patrizio for nearly a year.

13. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Can anyone comment on how much lighter the 'light' lining is as opposed to 'standard', particularly in the context of 3-fold Macclesfield prints?

I ordered a standard a while back which is too heavy for my tastes, but I fear that the light may be too far the other way.

If it helps, I'm a fan of the standard Marinella lining weight...

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I'd say that Patrizio's light lining is a tiny bit lighter than Marinella but not meaningfully. It's noticeably lighter than his standard, however.

15. The False Prophet

Now I'm really vexed! I thought my Marinellas were pretty light already.

I'm contemplating maybe stepping up to 5-fold to add a bit of heft, but I'm not sure if that will be too much. I like my ties with a bit of body, but still tying a pretty tight double-four.

I don't suppose anyone could post/link me some pics of light-lined 3 or 5 folds?

16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

The difference between Patrizio's light lining and Marinella's is, I think, negligible. I might just be imagining it. But ...

Cappelli 3-fold

[​IMG]

Cappelli 5 or 6-fold

[​IMG]

Marinella 6-fold

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Count me in, Eric. Sounds like we might have enough interest based on comments up-thread. I'll send you a PM.

18. The False Prophet

Thanks very much for that, Mr Six. Am I right in thinking that 3-fold is a Madder or similar, making it look even lighter and somewhat 'floppier'?

19. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Yes, the 3-fold is a self-tipped madder. So it is a bit light and floppy.

20. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Alright, all. @ericgereghty and I are placing a joint order with Cappelli to save on shipping. Anyone else want in?

The way it will work is that you'll tell me what you want and I'll place the combined order to be shipped to my address. You'll then pay me for the ties you ordered and once they arrive in the US, I'll ship them to you. I'm happy to waive the cost of US shipping since it's pretty negligible.

If you're interested, please PM me by the end of the week. I'd like to submit the order by Friday night.

1 person likes this.