1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

What are you getting, Helden? Eric (and Helden), I recommend the wool/silk indigo herringbone I've sported above. Beautiful tie and perhaps Patrizio still has the fabric. I don't think it ever made it to his website.

2. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

3. TweedyProf

@heldentenor

The silk versions you are asking about were a special run when Patrizio first got those fabrics. I asked for silk versions, given what I saw of Drake's versions in the last f/w season, and he generously obliged. I think they sold out quickly once the word spread here.

A certain shoe store in SD still has the Drake's version in silk (I assume with silk from the same mill). The lights blues in the Drake's seem a bit more muted, so perhaps more madder like. I wear my silk version from Patrizio in spring/summer whereas I would wear the Drake's version more in the fall because of that difference in brightness.

4. heldentenor

Thanks, Tweedy--I hope Patrizio does another run in those silks. I regret not jumping on the wine/burgundy in particular.

Thanks also for the reference for where one can still find the silks. I'll grab the remaining one.

5. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I've often wondered why madder ties are offered in such limited pattern combinations, at Cappelli and elsewhere. I guess there is just one mill making all of this stuff. Is there a reason why?

6. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

some of my recent EG cappelli tie wearings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Excellent Cezinho :nodding:

8. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

2nd tie is particularly nice!

9. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Smattering of linen tie fits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

11. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Not sure of my choices 100% yet, but the navy Glen plaid linen looks all sorts of gorgeous. I also quite like the darker color way of the checked piece WTL has above.

12. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Beautiful ties. Can I ask what make-up you went for in terms of folds and lining?

13. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

Thanks 3 fold untipped Lining selected by Patrizio.

14. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Does Patrizio work off of pictures in terms of how we want a knot to look?

In other words, can I just say make it look like Cezinho's lol?

15. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

Just send him my picture or just say that you it like Cesar. He will know what to do for sure.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  16. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

Generally I think a lighter lining is what helps most to produce a great knot, because it facilitates a perfect dimple and generally makes the tie more malleable.

A decent amount of width also helps give more space for a good dimple and produces a slightly "taller" knot, which fits really nice into a generous spread collar.

Just my 2c.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  17. TweedyProf

Yes...I sent him a picture of Cleav's knot and said: make it like that. Cesar's pics are, of course, are just as good.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I think you guys are crazy if you think these "changes" are being reflected in an order you placed online. I don't think he is literally making most ties himself today, if any, and the idea that some incremental modification to the knot area is being sent to the factory strains credulity. I have numerous Cappelli ties of different linings, selected by him, some to awful results, some to fine results, and the knots are pretty much the same as those above on all of them. I've never given instructions or communicated beyond "nice ties, thanks."

1 person likes this.
  19. TweedyProf

He made an adjustment on a wool tie for me, given my concerns about knot size using Cleavs pics as a reference. The tie is cut differently, slightly thinner where it should be but still ending in my preferred width at the front blade.

I've always treated pics sent as identifying a baseline, to indicate the range/aesthetic. If you're looking for a tie in the same fabric as in pic and the dimensions are equivalent then that should do the trick. You'll just have the tie made in the same way as Cleavs or Cezinho's. Otherwise, I suspect that the main choice in production is not how the fabric is cut, but in the lining choices.

That said, there's a limit to what can be done and what you say about the production process could be true. It's not likely that each of us has his own tie pattern. But using pics to convey what you want helps in the process.

20. heldentenor

LAST CALL FOR CAPPELLI GROUP BUY

For any US folks who want to save a bit on shipping, I'm submitting our group buy order today at 5:00PM Eastern. Happy to have a few more join if anyone else is interested. Send me a PM with what you'd like (including lining, construction, and dimensions).