• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got hit with an $20 custom charge from Fedex for my Cappelli tie order, so total shipping damage was probaby closer to USD $50.00 when all is said and done.

The EG Cappelli links arrived yesterday - they are very nice. The silk is lovely, and it goes pretty well with a Drake's tie that I have (the design is almost a perfect match - I think that I prefer that the tie/links aren't a perfect match). As I mentioned to Sadri, If I could change one thing, I'd give them a little more heft. They're sterling silver, but probably hollow? Not entirely sure. A minor quibble - I just like some weight on the cuff. I tried them on a french cuff shirt last night and they look great, a perfect size IMHO. I'll try to post some pics this evening.

xizenta

Reaction score

Got my stuff today.
Was disappointed by the Special #A03. Was expecting a wool challis tie, instead got some weird sort of porous hopsack silk (which smells weird too).

xizenta

Reaction score

I found it even funnier that he expected another material

Lol, the special runs are not organized by material type. Thte photo looks like wool, it kind of has a brushed nappy looking texture. Didn't say anywhere that it was going to be silk!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Got my stuff today.
Was disappointed by the Special #A03. Was expecting a wool challis tie, instead got some weird sort of porous hopsack silk (which smells weird too).

Looking good.

Any issue then take it up with em. They are very accommodating!

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, the special runs are not organized by material type. Thte photo looks like wool, it kind of has a brushed nappy looking texture. Didn't say anywhere that it was going to be silk!

read teh thread
sorri

ovlov

Reaction score
Question. How narrow is the back blade on the outlet ties?
I'm considering picking up a couple though I usually only wear extra long ties. I've found some shorter ties still work ok for me, while others look awful because the knot looks comically small since the back blade tapers too much near the end.
(Eg I have a Vivienne Westwood and marinella tie that are ok but I had to give away my Henry Carter's and a few noname store bought ties due to this problem).

teoky

Reaction score
I'm one of the participant and T4phage had implied that it's a recreation of old pattern on panama weave silk, as per 1st post of this thread.

Either way, sorry that it's not what you've expected and I'm sure that others will happily take it off you if you list the tie in the bazaar.

sspan

Reaction score
Question. How narrow is the back blade on the outlet ties?
I'm considering picking up a couple though I usually only wear extra long ties. I've found some shorter ties still work ok for me, while others look awful because the knot looks comically small since the back blade tapers too much near the end.
(Eg I have a Vivienne Westwood and marinella tie that are ok but I had to give away my Henry Carter's and a few noname store bought ties due to this problem).
2 inches at the end, 1.25 in the middle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads