• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a lot of ties (too many according to my wife), most of them from Marinella and Rubinacci. Compared to these makers I think Cappelli holds up really well. The online order process was fun, easy and smooth. I ordered ties in several different fabrics, they all turned out great. Lovely drape and they make a very nice, rich knot. I will probably order from them again, hopefully they will add more fabrics to their online shop soon.

Here are a few pictures from my personal collection:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I bought some ties.

Apologies for responding to an old post, but are some of these not available in the webstore (maybe they were but aren't now)? I'm thinking of the burgundy neat (third from the left) and the two wide regimentals (they look a little different from the regimentals available now).

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to start getting some summery ties... don't have much to spend, so started with just one. Let the waiting begin again...
smile.gif

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Super awesome. I hope you are wearing Carmina with that bro.

tack! I will buddy, I will!

Leaves, is that jacket P&H Glenroyal? I've got a swatch that looks just like it in front of me now. Really nice.

Thanks! I can't remember the mill to be honest.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The peach neat print tie arrived unexpectedly today - I love surprises like this. It's very nice and I think it will work great with spring/summer blazers and suits. It's a 3-fold with a lighter wool interlining, as I requested. The peach colour is very lively but at the same time it's rather matte, which I really like.

Syeknom

Reaction score
Looks really nice in person - prefer it in your photo to the stock photo definitely.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
The stock photos are uniformly
bad compared to what the ties look like in real life. Bit of the other way round compared to most things bought online.æ that looks like a wonderful spring/summer tie. Congrats !

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the tie looks exactly how I expected. pics on the site don't represent sheen at all, but colors are rather accurate.

tdude

Reaction score

Time to start getting some summery ties... don't have much to spend, so started with just one. Let the waiting begin again... :)
Did you request a thinner lining? Edit: sorry, didn't read far enough before asking

Last edited:

applied

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a seamless tie? The limited edition ties are seamless and I wonder how it drapes and feels?

The price is way too pricy for me though.

inviscid

Reaction score
has anyone heard back from this shop? http://murderave.tumblr.com/
contacted them last night, but no response yet...

speak of the devil, they just got back to me. $110 shipped for those grenadines and ready to ship after the weekend. beats the ~$45 just for shipping from Patrizio :slayer:

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can live with paying €25 because ties reach me the day after shipping, but if you are concerned about shipping costs that much, maybe you could ask if he would be willing to ship through postal service?

Did you request a thinner lining?

Edit: sorry, didn't read far enough before asking

No problemo
tounge.gif
With the lighter lining and this kind of silk the tie feels pretty much like a Marinella, but with more evidence of hand stitching, and I'd say the interlining has superior drape.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads